Why we love and/or hate Beauregard

Beauregard

Reaction score
Beauregard is my favorite caracter, dispite his dull sounding voice and his pesimistic carcter.

What things do you like/not like about Beauregard?

I don't know much about this caracter. Does anyone know why he isn't seen much nowadays?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Beauregard had no desires, he was just... no offense, dumb. (I like Beau, too) And because of this, the writers found it difficult to write for him. That might be a good thing to keep in mind when we write our script.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't paint Beauregard as being totally dumb. He was dim with good intentions and very lovable. I don't think he's pessimistic at all. He never downed anything or anyone. He is good-natured. I wish we'd see more of him.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I am trying to write him up in the outline for the script some of us are trying to do, so he will have more in that.

Did he apear in VMC at all?

I wish we saw more of him, it would make sense as Dave who performs him is one of the only muppeteer who hasn't gone either from the Muppets or from this world.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
True, but that was one of his downfalls. Even Kermit poked fun at people once in a while. But, whenever someone did it to Beauregard, it seemed mean because he never did it and so the other Muppets became the bad guy. Unfortunately, that's hwy he hasn't been sround.

They pulled him off very well in The Great Muppet Caper, my favorite Muppet movie.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Beauregard could be found in It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie in the background often times cleaning something and reacting to Miss Bitterman's sudden bursts of anger, similar to a lot of his early appearances in the Muppet Show. Unfortunately, no lines. But he was there.

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Originally posted by Super Scooter
But, whenever someone did it to Beauregard, it seemed mean because he never did it and so the other Muppets became the bad guy.
True. In the Gene Kelly episode, Beau was he patient in VH and Rowlf kept making fun of him. Normally this would be no problem. But since Beau took the comments to heart instead of shooting insults right back, it accually made Rowlf seem a little mean.

Rowlf? Mean? That just doesn't seem right.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Sad. I wish he had more lines. Would it be very awful to give him big parts in our script?

(Talking of that I am about to send you some song ideas, SCOOT)

An ode to Beauregard:

Ode ear.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
No it wouldn't. I read it and what you wrote can be twisted around into his character as long as it's performed well.

Who knows! Dave Goelz may not even be able to do Beau anymore!