1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Why we need a Muppeteer as California Governor!

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by beaker, Aug 6, 2003.

1. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Well...now that Arnold Schwarzenegger, the world's most famous actor, along with Gary Coleman, and smut king Larry Flynt are running for California's recall election Governor's race...

we need a Muppeteer to run as Governor! All it takes is $3500 and 65 signatures! This governor's race is already becomeing a stream of conscious circus, why not have a Muppet run? Think of the big publicity JHC could have with this one, if say Steve Whitmire ran, using Kermit for his ad spots of press conferences! (Not sure what JHC muppeteers live in CA)

At any rate, they would have til Friday to run. Now who'd be for this?
  2. BoyRaisin2

BoyRaisin2 Active Member

Gary Coleman's running? I knew about Larry Flynt and comedian Gallegher (who I sorta thought was dead) were running, but Coleman? I know the Terminator is running, but it at least looks like he's serious about it.

Heh, with all the people running, Kermit the Frog himself could run and no one would notice. :)
  3. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

:attitude: would make a good candidate!!!
  4. mupvisiongirl

mupvisiongirl New Member

Doesn't Dave live in CA? I would so wear "gonzo for gov" buttons! :concern:
    I know Karen Prell lives in CA, anyone want to vote Red Fraggle into office? :excited:
  5. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

You know, this race is turning into a farce... one of the everyone yelling and slamming door farces..

You might as well have Mr. T., Homer Simpson, or a piece of toast run.

A muppeteer is the only person who is a Puppeteer in government, and not the Puppet!
  6. Mike Quinn

Mike Quinn Member

My wife for Govenor of California.... Now that's funny!!! (Sorry Karen)

Govenor Prell!.. too funny!!!

Mike Quinn
  7. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

could you put up with being first man ;)

I'd vote if A, I lived in CA and B, if I was of legal age
  8. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I'd vote if A I lived in America, and B if I wasn't of an illeagle age.
  9. Manda:-D

Manda:-D New Member

Governor??? Why stop there!!! Karen Prell for President!!!!!! ;)
  10. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

gimme a button!!! I'd be in full support

in fact, manda and I could be the campaign managers!!!
  11. KPrell

KPrell New Member

I'm out of the state for only a few days and this is what happens?

(Mike, sweetie, we'll talk when I get home...)

:excited: Karen
  12. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

:o

*covers eyes*
  13. rexcrk

rexcrk Active Member

I too think :attitude: would make a good candidate! "It would be the American thing too do! Especially since :attitude: is all about America (In Muppet Christmas Carol: "It is the American way" and Gonzo whispers to sam. "Oh.. it is the British way! lmao)
  14. BlueAM

BlueAM New Member

I know this has nothing to do with the discussion, Karen, but I'd like to tell you that I appreciate your work for Henson.

Also, do you remember what specific characters you performed in "A Muppet Family Christmas" other than Red and Maureen the Mink?

Also, could you write down your address in this thread so I can write to you? Thanks very much!

Have a good night!

BlueAM
  15. BoyRaisin2

BoyRaisin2 Active Member

Karen Prell, You RULE! You remember that Fraggle you did? No no, the yellow one! No, not Bert. No, the one with the red hair. Nah, that's Scooter. I'm talkin' bout the one that's gotta sorta Pippi Longstocking thing goin' on. Red, that's her name! She was AWESOME!

I'm crazy 'cause I rehearse. :excited:
  16. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Is this the real Karen or just someone w/ the screen name? How r we soupose to know if its really her.
  17. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

It's the real Karen, trust us. She's been a member here for years. Mike is also her real husband by the way.

:D
  18. Krazedmuppet

Krazedmuppet Active Member

Looks like Karen has been found out!

jeez, she makes on post and you all jump all over her! poor Karen... (J/K) But I think you would make a better govener than SCHWARZENEGGER any day. But I think Golez is a good idea too. :D ;) :excited:
  19. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Is she thinking of doing any other muppet type of stuff? And sorry didn't know. I just know how some people react to that stuff and kids around a bit. Thanks for the info Phillp
  20. Manda:-D

Manda:-D New Member

What, you mean buttons w/Red Fraggle all over them? :excited:
    "A vote for Karen Prell is a vote for.....Karen Prell"!!!!
    Hmmm....Somehow, I have a feeling I wouldn't be a very good campaign manager!