1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Why...WHY! The Ugly muppet thread!

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by LamangoNumber2, Jan 12, 2009.

1. LamangoNumber2

LamangoNumber2 Active Member

This is a thread about the ugliest, most-nightmare-induceing versions of puppets and walk arounds.You know what I'm talking about. Puppets that look like they've been thrown into a blender and put together again. Or the horrible look of live stage show Muppet Show cast... Like, for example. Gonzo for Muppet Show on Tour... Nose and eyes are to small for his...horribly...swollen head.
    http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Gonzo_walk-arounds
    The first one is the one that bugs me the most... But I won't go into it...Seeing as it gives me nightmares. :concern:
  2. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

TMS on Tour walk-arounds look fantastic compared to the Disney MGM live shows from the early 90s. Mainly the EM.
  3. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

I think they look cute :)
  4. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Wow, I saw Muppet Babies Live years ago and I don't remember it looking so weird! Lol :concern:
  5. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

The bloated look of costumes works best for the Muppet Babies. Their designs are fairly nice. I've never been a fan of the adult Kermit costumes that range from pudgy to hideous. Some of the early Miss Piggy ones were good, but they've gone down hill.

Gonzo is just a difficult character to get right. Palisades got him right, Sideshow pegged him nicely too and the poser certainly does him justice. They are all the exception to the rule of ugly Gonzos.
  6. LamangoNumber2

LamangoNumber2 Active Member

:eek:What the heck is wrong with Fozzie? Its gotta be the tongue. And Gonzo... I want my mommy... insert Link Hogthrob smilie here.
  7. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Yeah, yikes! :eek: What are some of those things! They don't even look like Muppets. *puts hands over his head and hind in corner.*
  8. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I thought we were talking about actual Ugly muppets... because Miss Mousey would DEFINITELY be on that list. Sorry, Jim... but that one wasn't you're team's best work. Especially in that puffy turn of the 1800's old lady costume they got her wearing.
  9. ravagefrackle

ravagefrackle New Member

wish i hada good picture of the finished Gonzo Smart Heda i worked on, Best Walk Around Gonzo Ever
  10. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

(Disappointed you didn't use pictures of the recent Gonzo Claw Machine toy... ) :concern:
  11. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

the first one just made me laugh. the second one...O_O :eek:

I feel the same way as Sam does in that picture. Gonzo looks like some deranged psycho killer thats going to haunt my nightmares
  12. Kiki

Kiki Active Member

Aww, I don't mind 'em. :) The MB one looks a little weird, but otherwise I think the rest are sorta cute.

Kermit during his "Fat Elvis" phase, lol. :D XP