Widescreen Muppet Treasure Island DVD in Australia

FozzieBear

Reaction score
WooHoo!

Im so excited!! They have just realeased MTI on DVD in australia and its in widescreen :smile: Its a cheap DVD for Australia as well, only AU$19.95. I already imported the R1 last year sometime, but will be getting this version solely based on its widescreen transfer! Thankyou disney australia :wink:

FozzieBear (Luke)

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Does this at all suggest the possibility of a US widescreen re-release?

:confused:

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
You'll have to come over here to get it! I'm coming to the US in may so will have to bring some over! Its a very exciting release, after I finally got the US release last year! I'll still probably get it tho.

I think theres some websites that sell DVDs internationally here in Australia so I'll post some links if anyone wants to buy it from here.

anathema

Reaction score
The UK release is widescreen as well, but neither it nor the Australian one will play in the vast majority of US DVD players.

Is the Aussie disc edited in any way? The UK one has a minor cut (for language IIRC) :-(

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
anathema said:
The UK release is widescreen as well, but neither it nor the Australian one will play in the vast majority of US DVD players.

Is the Aussie disc edited in any way? The UK one has a minor cut (for language IIRC) :-(
I forgot about that problem! I would say its probably an exact duplicate of the UK release as many DVDs are the same because of the same PAL colour system etc. Theres many DVDs that are both 2 and 4 encoded.

anathema

Reaction score
Muppetsdownunder said:
I forgot about that problem! I would say its probably an exact duplicate of the UK release as many DVDs are the same because of the same PAL colour system etc. Theres many DVDs that are both 2 and 4 encoded.
Yes there are, but the cut to the UK release was asked for by the UK censor. There's no reason why the Australian one should have asked for the same change to be made...

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I'll check up for you, I'm sure there will be some people on the muppets downunder forum who will buy it straight away if I don't.

What were the cuts exactly?

FozzieBear

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
Does this at all suggest the possibility of a US widescreen re-release?

:confused:
I'd probably say not, because Australia got the widescreen version of "Its a very merry muppet christmas movie" and the US didnt. Australia is lucky in some points, but unlucky in others (eg, extremely delayed releases..)

FozzieBear (Luke)

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
FozzieBear said:
I'd probably say not, because Australia got the widescreen version of "Its a very merry muppet christmas movie" and the US didnt. Australia is lucky in some points, but unlucky in others (eg, extremely delayed releases..)

FozzieBear (Luke)
You can say that again, we are unlucky with most muppet related things! The muppet palisades figures arent even available in the shops here! hopefully theyre still available in small collectables shops though.

Talking of delayed DVDs, it would be so great to have the Great Muppet Caper released here, its well overdue.

muppet_dk

Reaction score
It's comming out on R2 very soon in a 4 movie boxset.
And since R2 and R4 releases are very close related, then there should be a chance to see it soon on R4