1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Widescreen Muppet Treasure Island DVD in Australia

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by FozzieBear, Mar 27, 2004.

1. FozzieBear

FozzieBear New Member

WooHoo!

Im so excited!! They have just realeased MTI on DVD in australia and its in widescreen :) Its a cheap DVD for Australia as well, only AU$19.95. I already imported the R1 last year sometime, but will be getting this version solely based on its widescreen transfer! Thankyou disney australia ;)

FozzieBear (Luke)
  2. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

Does this at all suggest the possibility of a US widescreen re-release?

:confused:
  3. Muppetsdownunder

Muppetsdownunder New Member

You'll have to come over here to get it! I'm coming to the US in may so will have to bring some over! Its a very exciting release, after I finally got the US release last year! I'll still probably get it tho.

I think theres some websites that sell DVDs internationally here in Australia so I'll post some links if anyone wants to buy it from here.
  4. anathema

anathema Active Member

The UK release is widescreen as well, but neither it nor the Australian one will play in the vast majority of US DVD players.

Is the Aussie disc edited in any way? The UK one has a minor cut (for language IIRC) :-(
  5. Muppetsdownunder

I forgot about that problem! I would say its probably an exact duplicate of the UK release as many DVDs are the same because of the same PAL colour system etc. Theres many DVDs that are both 2 and 4 encoded.
  6. anathema

anathema Active Member

Yes there are, but the cut to the UK release was asked for by the UK censor. There's no reason why the Australian one should have asked for the same change to be made...
  7. Muppetsdownunder

I'll check up for you, I'm sure there will be some people on the muppets downunder forum who will buy it straight away if I don't.

What were the cuts exactly?
  8. FozzieBear

FozzieBear New Member

I'd probably say not, because Australia got the widescreen version of "Its a very merry muppet christmas movie" and the US didnt. Australia is lucky in some points, but unlucky in others (eg, extremely delayed releases..)

FozzieBear (Luke)
  9. Muppetsdownunder

You can say that again, we are unlucky with most muppet related things! The muppet palisades figures arent even available in the shops here! hopefully theyre still available in small collectables shops though.

Talking of delayed DVDs, it would be so great to have the Great Muppet Caper released here, its well overdue.
  10. muppet_dk

muppet_dk Active Member

It's comming out on R2 very soon in a 4 movie boxset.
    And since R2 and R4 releases are very close related, then there should be a chance to see it soon on R4
  11. Muppetsdownunder

That would be great! Since I'm going overseas soon I might pick it up then even if it comes out on DVD in Australia I'll probably end up getting the Austrlian release aswell.
  12. FozzieBear

FozzieBear New Member

I have seen the Muppet figs in various shops around. I enquired at EB games and they can order them in (although I dont need to) They are also at the Warner Bros store as well. You can still buy them, just gotta know the stores to look.

FozzieBear (luke)
  13. Muppetsdownunder

Yeah, theyre just harder to get now. They werent easy to get in the first place especially around this area. EB is the only shop other than Sydney that stock them round here.