1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Will a Fraggle movie lead to Fraggle merchandise?

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by stick, Jan 22, 2007.

1. stick

stick New Member

when the fraggle movie comes out do u think there will be fraggle merchandise, toys, clothes, video games, calendars & more? 'cause i'd buy fraggle plush toys. :excited:

2. CoOKiE

CoOKiE Member

I heard a rumor that wasn't clearified with proof... that thee may be some action figures poping up around that time.

3. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

If the movie indeed makes it to theaters as planned, then yes there will be some merchandise. As far as what will be made only time will tell. If celebrities do some of the songs as has been rumored then a soundtrack album seems very likely.

Whereas if the movie is just direct-to-DVD (like Kermit's Swamp Years) then the merchandise will be much more limited. The main merchandise made for Kermit's Swamp Years were some posters, fast-food toys and the DVD.

For me, the great news about the movie is that it increases the likelihood that the remaining 48 Fraggle Rock episodes will be released on DVD since no doubt HIT would want to take advantage of the new Fraggle movie and promote as many Fraggle DVD's as possible.

4. superboober

superboober Member

What I'm also hoping is that it'll prompt someone, anyone, to put the first run of the show back on the air just in case they don't, perhaps on the Family Channel or Hallmark Channel or the like.

5. stick

stick New Member

fraggle rock is on tv where i live. i'ts on the BBC Kids network at 12pm m-f. they just started airing season 2.

6. Oh, i see some major (if relaesed in theaters) merchandise for the Rock. For one McDonalds will probably do Happy Meal Toys, which would be fun. I STILL have the little cars. And for other toys, I can see major stuff being made, like clthes and if the get alot of stars and music cameos than i can see cloths that arn't just for kids. Im Excited to see what we can get for "The Rock" in the next few years. Its exciting!:excited:

7. Pork

Pork Active Member

Yeah, I think that it will lead to merchandising. That would be great.

8. Luke

Luke Active Member

I can't see it being released in Theaters, but if it was and was popular then perhaps they might even make a new TV series to follow it (although lets hope they would stay away from remaking the animated series in CGI). That might not be a good thing (especially if it was vastly different), but i can definitely see some channel or another picking up the classic TV series and us getting those DVD's.

I think as to how far things are taken probably depends on HIT's involvement with the actual movie, i think they're contract right now is just for the classic series but if they get involved with the movie and promote it big for pre-school as well as nostalgia then things could go massive.

9. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

If McDonald's or Burger King did do Happy Meals with Fraggle Rock, I'd definitely buy one! lol

10. zeldazipple

zeldazipple New Member

Yeah defantly. If a FR movie was made I would think some stuff would be made. I would buy some if it like the PVC figures, and the DVDS. Not big on collecting everything made that had a Fraggle on it like I used to be. lol But DVDs yeah I'm on it! :D

11. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

This would probably be the only thing that will get me into a Burger King or McDonalds!:excited:

12. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt New Member

I feel exactly the same way. While I'm hoping the movie will be a huge success, the main reason I'm anticipating the film is that it will hopefully lead to (and/or support) the release of the remaining three seasons on DVD.

13. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

I am quite sure that the way it works there are only FOUR Seasons of Fraggle Rock. Which means that at this point in time there are only two more that need releasing.

14. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt New Member

Well, ok. Either way the release of the remaining episodes is what I'm looking forward to.

15. Jaga828

Jaga828 New Member

16. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

Amen to that! :smirk:

Nick

17. I hope they release it in australia the same time the states get it. i would go mad shopping for fraggle rock merchandise hope us aussies get that too.

18. CoOKiE

CoOKiE Member

Sorry Chris... but it is old news. They were released in 2006... and planning on releasing the other 3 (Boober, Mokey, Unle Matt) around Spring.

Or so they say. We all know what happens when we believe what they say, right?

19. MuppetDanny

MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

If this movie does get shown in cinemas, I do hope the tv series re-airs again. I have noticed these days when movies based on tv shows and cartoons, they get shown on TV again and DVDs get re-released with new artwork matching the movie posters to boost sales. I really do hope this Fraggle movie does well.

20. Morgan Clueless

Morgan Clueless New Member

The chances of merchandise appearing in stores and fast-food places at the release of the movie are very, very high--or at least high enough to keep the obsessed Fraggle fan inside us anticipated for the time it comes. Most likely the first place it'll hit is Burger King or McDonald's; then maybe Toys 'R Us stores, Kay-Bee Toys, or any video store that sells miscelleneous items of the sort. As for TV series--new or the resurrected classic, it's about 50-50, depending on which channel is capable of attracting all ages.

And that's Morgan C's "rough justice probability".

~ Morgan "Just Guessed" Goat