1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 47
    Sesame Street's 47th season officially began Saturday January 7 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Will ABC's The Muppets be released on DVD or Blu-ray?

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by rexcrk, Aug 16, 2016.

1. rexcrk

rexcrk Well-Known Member

I'd love to own the show, but I'm not really holding my breath for a disc-based release.

Has anybody "in the know" heard about it coming out on Blu-ray or DVD?

TheOrangeBird likes this.
  2. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

I highly doubt Disney would waste any money on it. Not only did the show not last long enough but also, most people watch their shows via the internet now.

3. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

The whole series is on itunes, so their is little chance of DVD/Blu-Ray released.

LeanneFuller likes this.
  4. MUPPETFAN1976

MUPPETFAN1976 Active Member

Dang. That actually wouldn't be a bad idea. The thing is, it wouldn't be for a few years anyway. And also, people do watch things via Itunes or Amazon Prime.

5. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I think we can all agree on this. We should have known the show was in jeopardy when a first season DVD release announcement didn't come 3 or 4 episodes into the series like most shows do.

On the plus side, now those who hated the show won't whine about how the first season of The Muppets came out before Muppet Show seasons 4 and 5.

6. rexcrk

rexcrk Well-Known Member

Yeah like I said, I wouldn't be surprised if it never happened.

Still, it would be nice if they came out with it. It's just one 16-episode release. Done and done :p

7. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

Thread bump

If The Grinder could get a DVD release a year after its cancellation, I don't see why the muppets can't. Really don't see the harm in making a quick buck off of burning episodes onto a disc.

8. rexcrk

rexcrk Well-Known Member

I did buy these episodes digitally on Amazon, which is better than nothing I guess.

Muppet Master likes this.
  9. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

I think Disney wants to bury the fact that this show ever existed.

scooterfan360 likes this.
  10. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

Sadly, that's probably the case.

As silly/outdated as it sounds, I have most of the episodes on a VHS tape (except 2, 10, and 11) and that works for me.

11. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Active Member

Yeah, I feel like if it got a DVD release, it'd be bare bones and probably wouldn't sell well.

12. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Active Member

This is coming from a guy who still collects tapes of his own (well, commercial ones) so I give you props, man. Good for you.