1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Will Disney air the Muppet Show?

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by LiLdUcKy, Sep 6, 2004.

1. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

Probably because they bought the brand. ;)
  2. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

that would be sweet
  3. WockaWockaCasey

WockaWockaCasey New Member

I would watch it, but the current Disney channel shows aren't that great anymore. They are coming out with stupid shows. The Muppet Show would make a great impact on it in my opinion.
  4. PhiNuBlue

PhiNuBlue Member

Fan campaigns work great sometime! Look what it did for Family Guy they got boxed sets and brand new episodes and tons of new merchandise.
    I think it would be best aired on ABC Family. It would fit in with the programs really well. I don't see Disney Channel because they are geared towards Pre-schoolers and Young Adult/teens.
    Don't give up, the fans have a lot of pull in those kind of decisions!
  5. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

I agree that ABC Family would be a better fit.
  6. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

Abc Family Is Geared To Teens Also
  7. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

But not as much as the Disney Channel is.
  8. Tonichelle

Tonichelle New Member

I don't think it would get a big enough rating to take teh chance. Disney's having some serious issues as it is getting people to watch.

I'm taking a visualization in the media class and I'm the only one--other than the prof--who actually appreciates the muppets for what they were/are. We have one guy who is my age who refuses to believe the same "stupid people" who created the muppets created Sesame Street. Because SS is well made, while all Muppet shows/movies are "crap"

there were many nods of agreement to what he said... I was so frustrated... South Park is considered "great" TV... but Muppets aren't

it's a sad, sad, sad, sad world today :(
  9. bigbirdfan

bigbirdfan New Member

10. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Part of the issue is that The Muppet Show hasn't been seen on TV regularly for many years. So the only things that get any airplay are the new Muppet material, not the classics that the Muppets made their name by.
  11. Xela

Xela New Member

Maybe they see it as dated, and think that the majority of people won't care for it... :(
  12. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

doubt it. a lot of people remember it and probably would like to see it again.
  13. DanDanStrawberry

DanDanStrawberry Active Member

Yes, we will
  14. starlitwings

starlitwings New Member

That's my guess because when you think about it, though muppets aren't exactly dated in my opinion, the guest stars on The Muppet Show have severly dated it. For example, the episode where prince was a guest when he was 'the artist formally known as prince.'
  15. Jonathan

Jonathan New Member

Agreed! :) Cause Muppets Rock Sock! And I dont give a Freek What my Peers think! :cool:
  16. That Announcer

That Announcer New Member

Yes (unfortunately)

It's sad that no one person in my seventh-grade class (other than myself and my buddy Brownstone) appreciates anything ever done by the Muppets. I'll quote a recent conversation with a short stocky kid called Justin:

"You like the Muppets?"
    "No! They're stupid!"
    "Why?"
    "Because, umm, because, Big Bird, is like, GAY!"

So based on one character on one show the Muppets suck. And this is the same guy who loves stupid shows like Family Guy and King of the Hill. Others are also able to do that idiotic Beavis and Butthead laugh on cue. Most have never seen one episode of the Muppet Show or one Muppet movie. They base their entire knowledge of the Muppets on Sesame Street, and I think that's sad. Keep in mind now it is often said that I'm the most mature guy in my class, and yet I still watch so called "kids' stuff."

:rolleyes: Your friendly neighborhood critic
  17. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

I like Family Guy and King of the Hill... :o
  18. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

First of all Family Guy and King of the Hill are great shows.

More importantly I am very surprised that your fellow classmamtes even realize that the Sesame Street characters are Muppets. Many people my age (25) do not even realize that.
  19. That Announcer

That Announcer New Member

Yes

I think they realize that SS is the Muppets based solely on their parents telling them Jim Henson does Kermit and Ernie. I've got nothing against Family Guy and King of the Hill- it's just that they pale in comparison to Fraggle Rock and the Muppet Show. It's sad though that they will probably never experience the opening sequence of Fraggle Rock, or never know who Link Hogthrob is. And I do like FG and KOTH as well as the Muppets but in a wrestling match, the Muppets win.

I'd like to actually do a Combat Corner type deal for, let's say, Muppet Show and Family Guy. Things like this are done all the time, so don't try to tell me that you can't compare them and they are two totally different shows. I can compare them and I will compare them. Surf on over to my account and check for posts in the next little bit- I don't know what board it'll be put in so that's the safest way to check. I will be asking for your input and will try to get a couple of my buddies in on this.

:) Your friendly neighborhood critic

P.S. I like the Simpsons too. I wonder if you could rightfully compare any Simpsons to any Muppets?
  20. TogetherAgain

TogetherAgain Well-Known Member

EMET!
    <realizes I'm probably the only person who knows what I just said :o >

ah, lets put it this way....
    here, here!

there we go, that's better.

Gosh, why can't I just say "I agree" and be done with it? Well, because that's just too simple, that's why.

oh, and if you're wondering, "emet" is Hebrew for "truth". Meh, I'm rambling...