Will Ferell to Provide Voice-over for Curious George Film

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
Comedian Will Ferrell has signed on to provide the voice of The Man in the Yellow Hat in an upcoming cartoon version of "Curious George," the children's tale about an inquisitive little monkey and the man who befriends him.

The film is planned for release in November 2005, Universal Pictures announced Friday. In the movie, the troublemaking primate is taken from the jungle and brought by The Man in the Yellow Hat to the city, where he gets into mischief.

The story is based on the children's book created by H.A. Rey and first published in 1941.

Ferrell, a "Saturday Night Live" alum, and has starred in comedies including "Old School" and the upcoming "Elf."

Fozzie

Reaction score
It's hard to imagine Will Ferell being in a movie like "Curious George". It just isn't really his style IMO.

Amazing Mumford

Reaction score
Fozzie said:
It's hard to imagine Will Ferell being in a movie like "Curious George". It just isn't really his style IMO.
I suppose it's not his usual style, but he's just doing a voice. He actually seems like he'd have the vocal range and talent to pull it off fairly well.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I love Will Ferrell - and Curious George! It does seem like an odd pairing, but I can see it working. I could completely hear Will doing the voice of the Man in the Yellow Hat. Should be fun! :smile:
Erin