Will HA and it's programs be represented?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I finally decided to make an official inquiry in the appropriate forum section.

:eek: Except for a tiny mention in a related article last year - Tinseltown has received no coverage on the Muppet Central website. At least there should be a link (with a possible publicity shot) to Henson somewhere on the main page. That would take a mere couple of minutes. If there are concerns about subject matter and younger viewers, these are addressed on Henson's site.

Yeah, it's not the best, bravest or Muppetyest way to go, but it is something. MC could go the extra mile and ask for reviews. Maybe even a couple of respectful "dueling" reviews from different perspectives. Thoughtfully written it could be interesting! :confused:

I first came to visit Muppet Central in the late 90s because of the comprehensive, unparalleled coverage of projects. That is no longer as true as it once was. As a Muppet fan, if I only came here I would never have known about Tinseltown! :sympathy:

As Henson Alternative expands its programming this will become more of an issue. Even though I would like more, the "quick image link" is a simple way to diffuse the issue for now. I just don't think it's right to hide this section of the company's projects on the forum.

Thanks Phil!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You know... I wouldn't say it's a matter of MC hiding the Tinsel Town coverage, I'd say it's more of a matter of simply getting to it.
You know how you plan to do three or four things in a day, you get the first two accomplished, sit down to eat lunch, then work about halfway on the third, watch your fave shows on that night, and go to sleep saying the last thing on the list can wait/will get done tomorrow?

Well, I see it as the same. Usually news articles take a while and are posted on the front page a bit late. If you think there should be a review, write one and submit it along with a good screen cap photo of the characters to Phil, that'd go a long way towards adding the production in the front page news section and article archives. Get screen caps and write up some character descripts to contribute to Muppet Wiki. Start a thread discussing the characters, episodes, or behind-the-scene techniques.

These are all generated by the fans who come here daily as well as the ever-growing staff of people who sit down and work on something they've submitted as a site feature.
Hope some of these suggestions motivate you to spearhead the Tinsel Town campaign and have a good day.

Luke

Reaction score
There oughta to be a bit more fan participation with the main site in general, things have slowed down over the years and thats a shame. I agree about Tinseltown, MC has always been about supporting Henson's work and the Muppets. This is a great new Henson production and we need as many people as possible to see it and support it. It's available to watch online, so as Jamie said, maybe a review or preview, with a link to watch it (with warning of course). Maybe even interviews with people involved in it.

I'd also suggest the Puppet Improv forum is now renamed Henson Alternative! as with the new productions and not just Puppet Up! Improv doesn't make sense and its the official brand name.

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
I'd also suggest the Puppet Improv forum is now renamed Henson Alternative! as with the new productions and not just Puppet Up! Improv doesn't make sense and its the official brand name.
Makes sense to me.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Tinselton is not being singled out. There are several recent news stories including Muppets and Sesame over the course of the past weeks that aren’t yet listed on the site either. There have been circumstances and reasons for this and we hope to have these areas updated as soon as possible. Thanks for your understanding.

Yes, since Henson is officially going with the “Henson Alternative” title, the Puppet Improv forum will likely be renamed appropriately in the very near future.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Great to know Phil! Thanks, again, for keeping the site together for us, we appreciate it!