1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Will Muppet Family Christmas air in Canada this year?

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by thefozz, Dec 4, 2002.

1. thefozz

thefozz New Member

I have terrible news for all fellow Canadian Muppet fans: I contacted YTV to see if they plan on airing A Muppet Family Christmas this year, and they do not intend to do so.

This is very dissapointing. AMFC has become a classic holiday favorite of mine, and YTV was still showing the telivision version. This unfortunately means we are doomed to watching the chopped-up VHS/DVD release if we want AMFC fix this year.

Does anyone know of any other Canadian or American networks that might show AMFC?
  2. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe New Member

No way!!! That sucks big time!!! I watch it every year on YTV and it's the unedited version too! I was planning on taping it this time because it's the frist year I've been watching for it too :(

well, hopefully it'll be on again someday...
  3. sidcrowe

sidcrowe New Member

Major bummer :(
  4. thefozz

thefozz New Member

great news

Well, a week after I was told by a YTV staff member that they had no plans to air A Muppet Family Christmas this year, that appears not to be the case!

YTV has just released their Christmas week schedule, and a AMFC airs twice!

It airs first in the evening on Dec 23, and then again during the afternoon on Dec 24.

Interestingly, it is only scheduled to run for 30 min on the 23rd, and then 1 hour on the 24th.
  5. DilbertW02

DilbertW02 New Member

AMFC 2003 schedule

I have a question - what is YTV? I am not familiar with those channel letters. Thank you!
  6. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

I have to agree with that. I was very young the last time I saw it. I'd really like to see it again sometime soon.
  7. dbarrie

dbarrie New Member

Hi Dilbert,

YTV stands for "Youth Television." It may be fair to think of it as the Canadian equivalent of Nickelodeon.

OI MuppetFan
  8. AlienGonzo

AlienGonzo New Member

Newbie here :)

Just thought I'd post this after finding it listed. A Muppet Family Christmas will air on YTV December 7th from 7:00-8:00pm. I'm really looking forward to it since I have yet to see it.
  9. thefozz

thefozz New Member

YTV = Youth Telivision