1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Will the first entire season of Sesame Street ever be available?

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by Jyllian, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Jyllian

Jyllian New Member

there are so many scenes i am looking for

-six silly sailors
    -boy girl and Jelly beans
    -up up and away
    -help
    -the word is love
    -windy
    -yellow submarine
    -gone with the wind

also does anyone remember ernie singing to cookie monster "if i knew you were coming id have baked a cake"

there was another one with a little girl and her grandparents bring her these big life sized jigsaw puzzles of a boy and a girl in swimsuits, and at the end she says "look at my silly brother. he thinks hes a jigsaw puzzle too!" and he is laying in the puzzle

id LOVE to see them again!

jyll
  2. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

I'd do anything legal, moral, and physically possible to get my hands on the rest of Season 1. Unfortunately, we have as much chance of that as we do of seeing Kermit in a new Sesame Street sketch. Releasing over 100 hour-long episodes on DVD costs a ton of money, more than Sesame Workshop is probably willing to spend. Not to mention the money they'd have to spend getting legal rights to use all those popular-song covers....if the DVD sets were priced to cover all the expenses SW had, they'd probably run into three figures a set!
  3. Xerus

Xerus Active Member

I would so love to see the six silly sailors cartoon from my youth. I thought that was the best of the SS classic cartoons.
  4. TotallySpiesFan

TotallySpiesFan New Member

Maybe if we can get some Season 1 episodes on Itunes, it won't be bad after all.
  5. erniebert1234ss

erniebert1234ss Active Member

I'd rather see some of these things on iTunes, even Muppet Babies on iTunes would be nice! :D

BJ
  6. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

Not everyone has an iPod or can afford to subscribe to iTunes; if Sesame Workshop wanted to make a whole season's worth of older episodes available, they'd probably go with the format most likely to get customers (and DVDs/players are cheaper than iPods, on the whole).
  7. Jyllian

Jyllian New Member

thank you

thank you to ISNOrden as i know that many of the great youtube clips i have seen on youtube have been posted by you and i am very very grateful to you for that!;)

YOu have made my day on many occaisons with your many great first season sesame posts , so THANK YOU

Jyll
  8. Mokeystar

Mokeystar Member

9. Jyllian

Jyllian New Member

Thank You!

OH My Gosh ! thats IT ! thank you so much for posting that ! I really appreciate that Mokeystar!

Jyll
  10. sesameguy

sesameguy Member

I tend to agree- it would also be a pretty large collection. Even if they somehow got ten episodes on each disk, that's still about 13 disks! But perhaps in the future, putting all those episodes together will not be quite as big a job (or as expensive) as it would be today, and maybe then we can enjoy full-season sets. Here's hoping!
  11. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

A few of the musical numbers have turned up on youtube last year. They were dubbed in German and Hebrew, but were only up for a short time before they got pulled. But for an old-timer like me, it was great to at least see the visuals again after a few decades.

I am hoping just as much as you are to see some of these clips again, but I know Sesame Workshop has to cut through a lot of legal red tape to make it happen. Ain't lawyers great?:smirk:
  12. armslength

armslength New Member

Not only would does Sesame pose a challenge in being a daily show meaning that it would take a heckuva lot of dvd's to get all the episodes from a season to fit, but season 1 in particular would be hard to release in a box type format given how insanely repetitive the first season was. Not only for having a relatively small number of segments they could repeat (being new and not having a back collection) but the educational staff wanted to repeat several things on a daily and weekly basis - if we could somehow manage to watch the first season episodes back to back in order as adults, we may find ourselves doing a lot of fast forwarding!
  13. Tim Kelly

Tim Kelly Member

Exactly! I've fast forwarded through the episodes I've gotten on VHS over the years.
  14. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

In spite of all the repeats we'd skip, I'd still love to see a whole early season's worth of episodes (especially one that I was too young to remember the first time around). The only way I could see 130 full hours getting released on DVD, though, would be as a multi-volume set...which would take decades to finish producing the way things are now. (Thirteen ten-disc collector sets? Whew!)
  15. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I think getting an entire season of Sesame Street would be near impossible; There's over 100 episodes per season! I could see Season 34 to now on DVd since those seasons are short, but I doubt they would release those seasons first.