1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Will the hard-to-find figures ever be made again?

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by Eaglekiller, Oct 12, 2003.

1. Eaglekiller

Eaglekiller Member

I was unlucky not to get Zoot. Not his price on Ebay is up around $75! I am sure there are other people that missed him or early harder to find figures (maybe :confused: :sing: :D too).

So is there any chance that they might be available again?
  2. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

A different version of Zoot might be available at some point, but Ken has said repeatedly that each figure will only have one production run. Once a series/figure is sold out, that's it.

It really is something how high the regular Zoot figures are going for on eBay. I would be interested to know if it's just because everyone wants the musicians (and series 3 was the smallest run) or if it is something unique about the "coolness" factor of Zoot and his sax.
  3. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

Actually there are only certain items that will never be re-run. WWE Dr. Teeth is an example of a figure that will never be reproducded.

Ken has expressed an interest in re-releasing series 3, but thats only an interest and no plans have been made at all. So, it is possible for series 3 to be re-run at some point and maybe all the series at some point but not anytime soon. Also, the possibility of a re-run happening is small.
  4. jediX

jediX Active Member

If you're lucky and look around you might just find one by chance, too. After all, I saw a Lew Zealand and Scooter at Media Play when I bought series 5. The odds of finding Zoot is slim-to-nil, but it might be possible.

Hmmm... kind of interesting too that the only wave Entertainment Earth doesn't have is 3....
  5. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

6. jediX

jediX Active Member

For a figure??? Sheesh... that's ridiculous.

I knew I should have bought that when I had the chance in the store...but NOOO I had to get the "regular one" ::smacks self:: ;)
  7. jediX

jediX Active Member

8. Squigiman

Squigiman Active Member

Hey,
    I know what you guys mean. I desperately need a Zoot. I actually saw him when he was out, but figured I could get him when I had my own money, rather than using my parents' to get a figure. I wish I did. Even on amazon, he's the only one of S3 you can't get, and most other online places have no S3 at all, or just lead you to amazon. Ebay is insane, too. Why can't Palisades make some available, via the CC, possibly, or their own store??? I need to get him so I can grab a Janice and complete my EM!!!!! Just venting, thanks. Take care.

-Squigiman
  9. jediX

jediX Active Member

I'm searching around for anything that ISNT ebay thay may carry him. Having no luck though....
  10. Cap Backfire

Cap Backfire New Member

Wow... This sucks...

I thought I might be able to pick up a few Zoots in bargain bins or something to use for customs. Who knew ZOOT was one of the most popular muppets!?>!?!? I mean, I know he's hip with the stoner set, but come on!!! But now that you mention it, only S4 has had alot of time in stores, and even then it's only the PIS figs that have lasted. Oh yeah, and MTI Sam. Again, what were they thinking??? Oh well. I'll have my Nekkid Sam yet. You just wait and see...
  11. jediX

jediX Active Member

Agreed. Last time I played MTI was when the movie was in theatres. lol

The only one that really sold was Rizzo...
  12. Fozzie's Twin

Fozzie's Twin New Member

Holy cow!!! I'm definitely going to look into selling my unopened variant Zoot. $83 would easily pay for the majority of the Muppet figures I've purchased so far.
  13. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

I can not believe I traded my unopened regular Zoot for a Super Scooter. I am an idiot!
  14. rexcrk

rexcrk Active Member

That's too bad about Zoot :cool: :( The first figure I got was Gonzo and I said to myself "Chris, don't you dare start collecting these figures, 'cause it's gonna be a whole 'nother thing" but I did, and now I have most of series one (missing Bunsen), some of series 2 (missing Floyd, Fozzie, and Animal), some of series 3 (missing Zoot, Chef, and Lew Zealand), some of series 4 (missing the Pigs, but I don't really want them too badly) and all of series 5 (gonna order it soon!). It's too bad I didn't start collecting earlier! And it's also a shame Toys "R" Us stopped doing the Muppets line :(
  15. Hmm, I have ALL of the regular line except Zoot. :( He is the weakness of my collection. Ken, PLEASE re-issue S3 in blue boxes for Target or something. You'd make me a very Swed.

THE TRASH HEAP HAS SPOKEN!!!! NAYHHHHHHHH!
  16. Sloely

Sloely New Member

GOSH! We all need Zoot! PLease re-release. Pretty please with cherries on top. Not that I can find a lousy Target around here that'll actually stock these guys decently anyway...
  17. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

heh heh heh. only on a muppet site!
  18. Eaglekiller

Eaglekiller Member

They have the molds. They have the plastic. They would make money. Put them out again for us fans.
  19. Gonzo

Gonzo Active Member

I don't think they should re-release Zoot, or any of the characters, unless there's a significant change. I can see them doing Zoot in his purple tux (from the beginning/ending of The Muppet Show) or his black checkered suit and yellow shirt he wore from time to time. But beyond that, I don't think there's a widespread demand for a re-release of Zoot.

:cool:
  20. jediX

jediX Active Member

Well, aside from the fact it's insane to pay $80 for the red shirt Zoot.