Will the Muppets be on the CBS 75th Anniversary?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
This coming Sunday CBS will be celebreating 75 years of being one of the nations bigest and longest running Televison And Radio Compony. My qustion is will are beloved Muppets be on this star studded event. The Muppets Started there show biz carrers on CBS. They ran the Muppet show on this network for at least five years and that is a highly remarkable acompishment for a "puppet show" If they are not even mentoined at this event then i think we the fans need to stand up and say wait the Mupets need some sopt light PLEASE!!!!!!

So does anynoe know if they are going to be on this or not if you know please let us know thank you. :smile:

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I agree it would be great to see the Muppets on this special but - just a minor point here - The Muppet Show was not on the CBS network. It was a syndicated series that aired mostly on CBS-affliated stations so any channel in the US could have at least technically carried the show.

Does anyone know if the Muppet Show aired on any non-CBS stations.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
humm intersting thought. ok but know we all know and i kind of hate to brign them up seeing how we have talked alot about them but anyway. I know that the Muppet babies was a CBS show or am i worng on that as well :smile:

jediX

Reaction score
Muppet Babies was CBS. So was Little Muppet Monsters (I think) and I KNOW "Muppets: A Celebration of 30 Years" was a CBS special.

doctorjpw

Reaction score
"The Muppet Show" aired on all of the CBS Owned-and-Operated TV stations ("O&O's"). These were in big cities like NYC, LA, Chicago, Denver, etc. That's why they're mentioned in the credits.

In smaller markets the show aired on whichever station bought it. In Syracuse, NY the show aired on WIXT-TV channel 9. (Wednesday nights, 7:30pm). I'm sure the show aired on its share of NBC, ABC or independent stations.

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
doctorjpw said:
"The Muppet Show" aired on all of the CBS Owned-and-Operated TV stations ("O&O's"). These were in big cities like NYC, LA, Chicago, Denver, etc. That's why they're mentioned in the credits.

In smaller markets the show aired on whichever station bought it. In Syracuse, NY the show aired on WIXT-TV channel 9. (Wednesday nights, 7:30pm). I'm sure the show aired on its share of NBC, ABC or independent stations.
That's right, wasn't it actually produced by ITV (Thames Television, UK) anyway? It was a Sir Lew Grade Production, I believe, and licensed to US stations, that is why there are the extra skits. We were only seeing the edited versions. But, to be fair, I remember seeing the show on our local CBS affiliate as a kid.

later
eric

jediX

Reaction score
And even after the original run of the series ended, it was syndicated about 5 years later here (Denver) on CBS.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Well, I watched the special last night (it was VERY good, although I was a bit peeved that they gave special notice that three of the cast members from M*A*S*H were there but they didn't even get to go up on stage and say anything). And the only thing I saw that was Muppet-related was a clip of Miss Piggy talking to one of the 60 Minutes reporters during the tribute montage for that show. Truthfully I was expecting less than that, although I had hoped that in the clips of the Ed Sullivan show there would be a clip or two from when the Muppets were on the show.

-Kim

BJC899

Reaction score
I saw it also. Everyone seemed to chuckle when they saw Miss Piggy.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
i was proud to see piggie it did me well and i wish i could see that wole interview it looked really old like maybe durring the time of TMM or the MS im not shure and your right i would have thought they would have shown some of when the Muppets where on Ed Sluavan and it really made me mad when they didnt. oh well i cant have everything . :mad: