1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Will the Sesame Street gang meet the new president?

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by mbmfrog, Feb 1, 2009.

1. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

Any chances of anyone wanting to see the SS gang meeting the new president ?
  2. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I think there's a chance some of them will get to meet the First Lady witch has become somewhat of a tradition on the show.
  3. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

The First Lady will likely appear, but I also can see the President doing a photo op with Sesame if there's a good cause behind it. :wisdom:
  4. RyGuy

RyGuy New Member

I think Pres. Obama should be on SS

I have a wonderful suggetion. I think President Obama himself should be on SS . He could do it before he gets tioo busy He could describe getting along and being proud of yourself and being positive toward other people no matter what they look like.

Or there could be a sketech where Big Bird is at Bob's apartment and he has SSN ( parody of CNN) on and they are talking about a "war " and big bird is scared of the fighting . Big Bird could be confused and President Obama could enter the scene and see Big Bird Crying and Bob could tell Obama "Big Bird's scared about what's on the screen but I don't want to make him more upset " Obama could tell Bob that he could try to help . Obama could say "Big Bird, I hear you're scared about what's on TV, it's okay to be scared , . When people fight like that, it's called a war " . People go to war because they can't find a nice way to solve problems. When people go to war, it is fight that can take a long time to get over, but you are okay with Bob and all your friends here and if you see something on TV that scares you, it's okay to leave a room and ask questions later . , Don't worry , Big Bird, you'll be okay, do you have any questions?" at the end of the sketech Bob could thank Obama and they could go out and play to calm Big Bird down.

It may sound like a heavy message for Sesame Street , but if done correctly , it may work
  5. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Obama actually seems like the first President in ages that seems to have the kind of silly, warm, good hearted demeanor that would mesh with the Sesame gang in quite some time. I could more than see this.
  6. The Shoe Fairy

The Shoe Fairy Active Member

This has been done before. So why not again!:insatiable:
  7. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I personally don't want to see him, but I can understand why others would. :) If it happens, I'd want them to talk about people needing jobs, since that's what people are looking to him most right now.
  8. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

:sing: Oh, the President of the United States is a person in your neighborhood! In your neighborhood! He's in your neighborhood! :sing:

:wisdom:
  9. heralde

Though, probably not a person whom you meet each day! ;)
  10. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Now you guys put a scary thought in my head... what if the OTHER guy won? Now all I can think about is Sarah Palin trying to shoot Big Bird from a helicopter.... EEEEEK! :eek:
  11. heralde

Eh, either way I'd find a problem, hehe.
  12. heralde

With all the videos about how to talk to kids about deployment, I wonder if they would ever address the recession or lack of jobs. A lot of people are starting to be effected. Kids do have to see their parents getting stressed out and worrying about their future.

Again, I don't want to see Obama on Sesame Street ever, heh. But it would be interesting if such a thing were to be addressed.
  13. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

Prawnie...you are a WEIRDO! J/K (I laughed @ what you said)
  14. Drtooth

"Mommy... what happened to all that money we got from the tax cuts? Mommy? Didn't they say the economy was great a year ago? Mommy?" :D
  15. heralde

Lol, exactly. Personally, I'd like to teach my kids that the government isn't always going to solve your problems, no matter which party is in office, hehe.
  16. muppet baby

muppet baby Active Member

i totally agree with you on all of this , if he did come on i would love for him to talk about work and such . That would be neat .

Talking different jobs would be cool even if the new presdent did not come and do that it would be a good subject for someone else to come on and do .
  17. heralde

Definitely, because it's often an issue for the inner city and now in many other places with the recession.
  18. StreetScenes

StreetScenes Member

i don't think a political figure would be the way they'd talk about recession, because that's not how kids experience it. i think they'd do it through a character losing a job and the effect on the family, the psychological impact on the parent who lost the job, and the things that don't change--like it's not the parent's fault and that the family still loves one another and works together to get through it. good idea, though, that topic is relevant to kids and parents and it would make a great episode.
  19. heralde

You know what I agree, it should be presented, first and foremost, as a family issue. Finding out your parent has lost his/her job is a very unsettling experience, especially if your life style has to then change in some way. Children do need to see families working together and keeping hope strong. :)
  20. Drtooth

They may not be the solution to your problems, but chances are they could be the source of them. :D