1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Will there be a new made-for-tv movie?

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by turlem, Dec 4, 2003.

1. turlem

turlem New Member

is there any word yet on another telefilm?

2. Aaron

Aaron Active Member

Wizard Of Oz For ABC

3. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

That isn't official yet, though. I don't think. But we heard from some pretty reliable sources that it would happen.

4. Aaron

Aaron Active Member

even kermit confirmed it

5. turlem

turlem New Member

oh, i thought that was gonna be in theatres

6. Aaron

Aaron Active Member

nope

7. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

So, is this definite now? I thought that was a rumor.

*sigh* I'm really not in the mood to wait 120 seconds to post. kgjdfkghfdsjghugeoryo5tyrioetyerigjtigtrdjhglkjhrftytiyuidshglsdkghldsfgjfdjgdtyu85eyutjrelityujiryujhitgtutioujtijtioryujtioujtilyujtilyjutiyjtiyjtitklyjtjhktgljyhtklgyhlkjhtklrjylktjrklyhjtiyujitujitruyjitruyituyituyityutiuy :o :excited: :halo: Something's wrong with the smilies on my computer. The characters won't show, just the actions. Hmmmm.

8. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Yes... it seems definate... hopefully the script won't be bad and they'll do the best they can with the idea :smirk:

9. Stulz

Stulz Active Member

ummmmm wasn't the tele-film deal with NBC? and for at least one or 2 more?
    :confused:

Makes me wonder also ...

Who are these "reliable sources"?
    and
    When did kermit confirm this? Was it during his B&N appereances?

Could someone (like Phil) make a sort of FAQ about this? Cause I'm sure alot more fans want to know the develpoments about this "rumor" and don't want to shift through the thread 'cause it goes on and on w/ BS rumors for way too long.

Finally..

Any REAL concrete devepoments on this?

Thanks,

10. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Yeah, I've heard that he said that at the B&N appearance.

Although we know almost nothing about him/her, iot was Secret Squirrel who said that it would be The Wizard of Oz on ABC, not NBC (even though they have the contract). All of his other information has been correct in other matters, so who knows!

It does make sense that it's going to be on ABC, though. We DID just recently get that report that there was some negotiations with Disney about something.

11. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

*sniff*

:cry: