Will there ever be a Muppet-themed restaurant?

beaker

Reaction score
I havent seen this brought up on any forum before...so I was wondering how many people on here have always thought it would be great if they made a Muppet themed restaurant? Like WWE World in Time Square, this would be a no brainer for what youd have...tons of Muppet merchandise(Muppet show, movies, etc over the years) as well as in restaurant appearences now and then. I would really like to see JHC' talent pool grow so we can have non main essential puppeteers doing instore type appearences. Like Mo Frackle, etc. This could also be the basis for some short segments, posisbly live, for the new Fox show.

Im curious if a Muppet themed restaurant in New York has ever been considered by JHC? Just imagine the possibilities!
And the opening ceremonies, wow!

grail

Reaction score
you know what? that's a really good idea...kinda like Planet Hollywood, where there's just TONS of Muppet stuff on the walls...name the food after some of the characters (wonder what they'd call a chicken sandwich?), have somebody in a Sweetums suit greet you at the door...i like it!

no rat waiters, though...

beaker

Reaction score
>>>kinda like Planet Hollywood, where there's just TONS of Muppet stuff on the walls...name the food after some of the characters (wonder what they'd call a chicken sandwich?)

thats what I was thinking! I really wish JHC would get more visionary idea people there...I know budget and owner wise things ar euncertain...but the way I see it...The Muppets have been a long time institution in New York, and something like this would be most appropriate. If one could open in the Fall of 2003 that would be too cool.

I have distinct great ideas for the new show, other cool Muppet ideas like the restaraunt, as well as what I think would make the coolest beyond imagination Muppet film ever.

If any JHC people are reading this, I'll work pro bono for you guys!

towels

Reaction score
For some reason I always pictured that seen from Restaurant at the End of the Universe with Gladys the Cow...

Our specials today are Lobster Banditos, Dickens' Apples, talking cake, and Pete's Bowl of Soup...with spoon!

:smile:

grail

Reaction score
heh

can you imagine an animatronic singing cake that sits in the middle of the table and tells you the dessert menu?

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
Disney

Disney had planned a Swefish Chef restaraunt to go with Muppet Vision 3-D and the Muppet Movie Ride to form Muppet Studios.

Lorde Pompeo

Reaction score
Here in Portugal we have a Muppets Pub...

It's a regular Pub which is decorated with pictures of the Muppets and it has paintings on the wall that are quite good... And there are some puppets hanging from the walls here and there... The music is like... easy listening... 80's... pop-rock...

It's nice... But if it were a restaurant it would be nicer...

grail

Reaction score
anybody else here thinking that we need to take a road trip to portugal?

and ooooooooooooo...the Swedish Chef restaraunt...that'd be awesome!! you could rig the doors to the kitchen so that every time they open, a different Chef saying would be heard. can you imagine watching your waiter walk into the kitchen and as the doors open, you hear "Bork Bork Bork!"

man...i'm really digging this idea...

Luke

Reaction score
Cory,

This is a superb idea - so many possibilities. You could even have the walls like that mural of the Muppet theater at the Henson Company offices in NY. They could even re-open the Muppet Store as a souvenir place. This is very retro and could well be massively popular !

grail

Reaction score
they could even put in a stage and do dinner theater/concerts...

can you imagine if you had the "live-action" Muppet Show from MuppetFest on a nightly basis? or maybe they could hire MC's own TravellingMatt to write them some fun episodes for guests that would come by and hold concerts! (all rated PG or better, of course, it'd be a family place!)