Will there ever be a Muppet-themed restaurant?

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Disney had planned a Swefish Chef restaraunt to go with Muppet Vision 3-D and the Muppet Movie Ride to form Muppet Studios<<<

NO WAY!!!! AWWWWWWWW! That would have been too cool, a Chef diner...could you imagine this?

and a muppet movie ride? oh man!!!

we need that kind of gusto to return to the JHC brainstorming!

Lorde Pompeo

Reaction score
If you want to come and need some tips and some information just e-mail pompeus7@hotmail.com

The pub called "Marretas Bar" is situated in a very well known area called "Santos"... "Santos" has many many pubs and it is inside Lisbon, so it isn't hard to find... It has been opened for 4 or 5 years if I'm not mistaken...

Anyway... It would be cool if MuppetCentralForum organized a trip to Portugal (we have some NICE BEACHES)... I would be waiting for you at the airport! What do you think?

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
we need that kind of gusto to return to the JHC brainstorming!
well, maybe we could take up a collection and buy the place...

(oh what i wouldn't give...)

beaker

Reaction score
LUKE:

This is a superb idea - so many possibilities. You could even have the walls like that mural of the Muppet theater at the Henson Company offices in NY. They could even re-open the Muppet Store as a souvenir place. This is very retro and could well be massively popular !<<<<

thanx...for some reason this idea just clicked...I mean with MTM as just one of many themes...and I mean ya have disney diners, the wwe world one, planet hollywood...this would just be too cool!

GRAIL: >>>they could even put in a stage and do dinner theater/concerts...

can you imagine if you had the "live-action" Muppet Show from MuppetFest on a nightly basis? or maybe they could hire MC's own TravellingMatt to write them some fun episodes for guests that would come by and hold concerts! (all rated PG or better, of course, it'd be a family place!)<<<

yeah, from bands like weezer to bnl and beyond this would work so well! And hey, maybe even electric mayhem for the opening ceremonies! Anyways, I feel a sort of Muppet creative rennaissance idea thing coming on, so expect more neato ideas from me!

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by Lorde Pompeo
Anyway... It would be cool if MuppetCentralForum organized a trip to Portugal (we have some NICE BEACHES)... I would be waiting for you at the airport! What do you think?
yeah, i've heard about you Europeans and your "nice beaches"...where a woman's bikini suddenly becomes a one-piece. sorry, trying to drum up support here. personally, i really would love to head out that way at least once in my life...

Lorde Pompeo

Reaction score
We are having a very nice weather this summer... Anyway... It would be nice but it won't happen... I guess I will be the only one to enjoy the wonders of getting drunk sorrounded by Muppets...

Believe me... It's amazing when Fozzie's picture starts telling jokes that all end with the typical "Vodka Vodka"...

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
I heard about the Chef, when I was at the Disney MGM in 1990. The CM stated with the upcoming Muppet-Vision and other Muppet based attractions, they will build a Swefish Chef restarunt with AA figures of Chef and talking food among other things. During this time, Here Come The Muppets! had just open and The Ninja Turtles first appeared at the studio. A cool fact but on the topic, when I was there Dick Trace was opening with a world premiere at the park with Mandonna and the other stars of the film. An Imageener had stated that was indeed a plan for this restarunt but it was cancelled.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>The CM stated with the upcoming Muppet-Vision and other Muppet based attractions, they will build a Swefish Chef restarunt with AA figures of Chef and talking food among other things. <<<

oh man...I mean MV3D and the small gift shop is cool...but could you imagine this? Disney world orlando is expanding, to include a hasbro/disney corssover store. They will finally have star tours POTF line action figures(for the avid star wars collector on here)

I would really love to see more expansion to the muppet theme...hey, maybe if that diz merge happens we might see something? Warrick, explain and clarify to people th ebenefits a disney buyout might have:wink:

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by grail
yeah, i've heard about you Europeans and your "nice beaches"...where a woman's bikini suddenly becomes a one-piece
Oh great - now everyones gonna wanna come along ! ;-)

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke

Oh great - now everyones gonna wanna come along ! ;-)
well, all the GUYs at least...