1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Will they ever be in widescreen?

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by rexcrk, Apr 7, 2005.

1. rexcrk

rexcrk Well-Known Member

Now with Disney owning the Muppets, I was wondering if anyone knows if Muppet Christmas Carol and Muppet Treasure Island will see a widescreen DVD release. I know that they were released by Disney on DVD already, but I'm not sure if anyone knows whether or not we'll get a widescreen release. Having a movie in widescreen is one of the things I really take seriously. One time my friend was like (when I said that I hated full screen) "Why do you take it so personally? You still get the whole movie." And I was like "No you don't! You only get PART of the movie!" ;) :p

2. Mickey Moose

Mickey Moose New Member

I hope so. I did get the full-screen versions, simply because I didn't want to take the chance it would go out of print and I would never have a copy of the movie. But we can hope that a widescreen version gets released. The original 3 (TMM, GMC, MTM) all got widescreen releases and so did MFS. There's no reason for those two not to get the widescreen treatment.

3. dlphntat

dlphntat New Member

I'm with you. I have avoided MCC becase of full screen. The first four movies are WS, why not these?

4. Muppetsdownunder

Muppetsdownunder New Member

Muppet Treasure Island has been released here in Australia in widescreen. I think its also uncut.