1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Will Waldo ever come to TV?

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by HPDJ, Jul 3, 2005.

1. HPDJ

HPDJ Member

Does anyone know if Waldo from Muppet Vision 3D will come to a Muppet TV show or movie?
  2. muppet_dk

muppet_dk Active Member

He was actually made for JHH and then later used in Muppet vision 3d
  3. Muppet Frog

Muppet Frog Member

Waldo's Role On Star Wars

If the Muppets do their version of Star Wars Waldo could play C-3PO or
    Yoda or maybe General Grevous
  4. Was Once Ernie

Was Once Ernie New Member

Not Waldo specifically, but the Jim Henson Company just announced at Comic-Con that they are doing a new pre-school show based on the technology first developed for Waldo.

:p
  5. That Announcer

That Announcer New Member

Cool! Was a name given?
  6. Was Once Ernie

A name was given and unfortunately I can't remember what it was. They did show a clip and explained how the technology had advanced to the point of being able to perform multiple characters at the same time in the same scene.

When they first developed Waldo, it took a roomful of computer. Everyone knows how much computers have advanced, which allows them much more freedom.

I will snoop around and see if I can find out the name of the series.

7. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Great info, Was Once Ernie. :) Let us know as you find more inforation.
  8. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

Arent they making this with HIT! :confused: I maybe wrong...
  9. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I hope that waldo makes a big return someday, along with digit and leon.
  10. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Just a personal thing, but I would not be disappointed if Waldo is never seen again. I can't stand that thing. To me, if there was any bad part of Muppet Vision 3-D, it was him. So annoying. I say keep him locked up. :attitude:
  11. Was Once Ernie

Sorry this took so long, but the name of the show is "Frances", based on the Frances Treasury of books. It is slated to air in 2006. They say it is "created by the The Jim Henson Company's revolutionary digital puppetry system".