1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Will we get a Sesame Street TV Special to honor the 50th anniversary in 2019?

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by mbmfrog, Jan 6, 2018.

1. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

Next year is A BIG YEAR for Sesame Street. Although the show had its problems in its finances, moved to HBO and had to strip the cast down a bit to almost Season 1-10 material...Sesame Street still continued on despite all of this.

So will we finally get a TV special spotlighting the 50th anniversary of the show?

I mean remember, due to the budget crisis, we never did receive one on the 40th anniversary and the 45th anniversary.

As fans of the show what do you think: Are we long overdue for a 50th anniversary TV special?

2. BEAR 2

BEAR 2 Member

We didn’t get anything like that for the 40th/45th but we got some other stuff like that beautiful book and some dvds and Caroll’s documentary came out soon after too (bonus?). If they’re smart, they’d save it and plan bigger things for the big 5-0. It makes far more sense and it’s a bigger milestone. So, I don’t know what is being planned but we know something is...the cast has hinted at it and I’m sure it will be great.

3. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

As the older human cast members have stated, as well as Matt Vogel (via Below the Frame) they are planning the 50th celebration, and they've started pitching and reviewing premises for a special.

They start filming season 50 soon (probably later this year), so definitely stay tuned for any hints or announcements when that happens.

BEAR 2 likes this.
  4. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Has Season 49 already been filmed?

5. BEAR 2

BEAR 2 Member

I believe they just finished before the holidays...at least the major stuff.

6. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

I can see a fiftieth special and a documentary

7. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

I don't know what we'll get, but I'm sure there will be a special treat most of us will enjoy.

Then there will be the rotten apples complaining that they didn't like the gift they received.

BEAR 2 likes this.
  8. BEAR 2

BEAR 2 Member

That’s right! I forgot about the documentary. That definitely counts for something!