1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Monday August 6 on PBS. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

Will we get a Sesame Street TV Special to honor the 50th anniversary in 2019?

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by mbmfrog, Jan 6, 2018.

1. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

That would be pretty cool to see....

2. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

I hope James Earl Jones will return in some capacity, the very first celebrity guest on the Street and the host of the 10th anniversary special. :)

ConsummateVs and Froggy Fool like this.
  3. mimitchi33

mimitchi33 Well-Known Member

If I were PBS, I would do what they did for Mister Rogers: A week or two of classic episodes during the normal timeslot of the show or pre-empting another show or two on the block (like how sometimes PBS will pre-empt other shows to play hour long specials of their shows like The Cookie Thief, A Very Monkey Christmas and D.W. and the Beastly Birthday), paired with newer Sesame episodes. I'd love to see the seasons I did not grow up with air on there! Or maybe they can put the older episodes on their website. HBO could also do the same thing with the older episodes for the 50th, and maybe they could also add more of Sesame Workshop's shows like Dragon Tales, the 70's episodes of The Electric Company, Big Bag and Sagwa, The Chinese Siamese Cat as well to showcase the shows Sesame Workshop has done in their 50-year lifetime (coincidentally, Dragon Tales turns 20 the same year Sesame Street turns 50).

Last edited: May 8, 2018
    LittleJerry92 and Froggy Fool like this.
  4. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

They could do something like SesamStrasse did for it's 40th anniversary, they showed a marathon of an episode or two from each era of the show.

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  5. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

It might be nice if PBS re-ran the Evening at Pops shows the Sesame cast did in '71 and 2001.

6. LittleJerry92

If we're talking about old shows...

I'd be down for seeing more yellow-eyed Snuffy.

7. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Crack is whack, man.

Froggy Fool and LittleJerry92 like this.
  8. Daffyfan4ever

Daffyfan4ever Well-Known Member

That would be cool if somehow through a time warp or something the Snuffy of today would meet the early Snuffy (most likely Matt Vogel doing Jerry's early Snuffy voice). Definitely food for thought.

9. LittleJerry92

Mmm.... That would be interesting to hear....

10. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Well-Known Member

Ooh, time travel on Sesame Street....

Now that would be interesting.

ConsummateVs likes this.
  11. Pig's Laundry

@D'Snowth didn't you do a SST time travel fic at some point? That was really good.

12. D'Snowth

I think I started on a "Back to Sesame Future" kind of thing, where Dr. Nobel Price created a time machine that took some of the Core Muppets back to 1969, but nobody was reading it, and I eventually lost interest and never finished. I don't even remember how far I got into the story TBH.

[​IMG]

13. LittleJerry92

Oooh, I remember that drawing!

14. Daffyfan4ever

Daffyfan4ever Well-Known Member

I remember seeing a fan fic someone did that's similar to the plot to "The Street We Live On," only they went further back in time. I remember the old orange Oscar made an appearance in that story, but after that the details are a little fuzzy.

15. D'Snowth

I don't remember, but I think I may have also written the modern SS Muppets being astounded at seeing a Gordon with an afro, muttonchops, and a slightly more urban way of speaking.

And, ironically, I think I had started to write that fanfic as a potential Season 50 idea . . . little knowing that the street would go through such a radical transformation for Season 46, lol.

16. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

17. D'Snowth

That's cute. Really nice that they made this anniversary logo character-focused.

ConsummateVs likes this.
  18. Pig's Laundry

19. LittleJerry92

20. sesamemuppetfan

sesamemuppetfan Well-Known Member