Willie Dynamite, starring "Gordon!"

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hi, all!

I found a copy of Willie Dynamite, which stars Roscoe Orman in the lead role of the character with the same name. It's rated R, is in color and is 1 hr 42 mins. I'm willing to do one of the following 2 things:

1) Trade. We'll discuss what I need for my video collection or
2) Send me a blank tape and postage paid return envelope.

Here's the back of the box:

Roscoe Orman is WILLIE DYNAMITE, the flashy and arrogant street pimp who ruthlessly tries to apply capitalist principles to his own prostitution ring. But Willie's grand plans are challenged by competing pimps and corrupt cops who work together to shut him down.

As Willie's world begins to crumble, Cora, a determined woman from his past, returns to try and rescue his girls from a future on the streets. Now with pressure mounting and time running out, Cora forces Willie to look at his life and decide whether he wants to go out in a blaze of glory or try and turn his life around.
One of the best things of the film is the pimp clothes, cars, and hearing them talking is hilarious. Not a Grade A film by any means, but still kinda good.

FOZ

LabyrinthFan

Reaction score
This movie is available at Cduniverse.com, on VHS, for less than eight bucks. According to one review posted there, it is "the greatest movie of all time"! :concern:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Astro4004 said:
According to one review posted there, it is "the greatest movie of all time"!

:eek: Then, I'll put down my The Muppet Movie and focus entirely on Meet the Feebles.

..."of all time," pshaw!

Still, it's funny to see how Gordon uses B-words. Funny, that is, in an odd way...

dmx10101

Reaction score
Just wondering what this movie has to do with the Muppets? Also what year is it from?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
dmx10101 said:
Just wondering what this movie has to do with the Muppets? Also what year is it from?
What to do with Muppets?
Stars Roscoe Orman who plays "Gordon" on Sesame Street which equals Muppets connection.

Controversy:
Roscoe Orman portraying a pimp vs. Roscoe Orman playing child's icon Gordon.

Wasn't in Muppets or Sesame Street Threads:
This movie isn't necessarily a Muppet or Sesame Street Movie, so I didn't post it under either of those threads; but since some folks don't have access to it, or didn't know it existed, I posted it here to trade with folks if they DO want it.

Ryan:
Get off the floor, Ryan! LOL!!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
1974. The title and star's names in the first post are linked to IMDB.com to gain more information about the movie and Roscoe Orman. Click on those. Here's the link to the movie, and there's a photo of the video cover showing the cool clothes pimps wear.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072409/

dmx10101

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
1974. The title and star's names in the first post are linked to IMDB.com to gain more information about the movie and Roscoe Orman. Click on those. Here's the link to the movie, and there's a photo of the video cover showing the cool clothes pimps wear.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072409/
Hmm, It sounds interesting. I'm a Pimp too. :concern: lol