1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Willie Wimple

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by minor muppetz, Jul 13, 2006.

1. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Can anybody tell me anything about Willie Wimple? I have recently read that he was a character who was part of a series of environmental cartoons on Sesame Street. I've seen one of them, Water Pollution, but he only appears to be there at the beginning.

Can anybody explain this character, or his cartoons, any further?
  2. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

Well, I know there was one where he was chopping down trees and destroying plants, that, along with the one you've mentioned, are the only two I know of. As near as I can figure out, the cartoon begins by illustrating him doing these things, then describes the consequences "if every kid did it." Hope this helps.
  3. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

I have several MP3's of this song, let me know if you'd like a copy.

There's also one about him throwing trash everywhere in addition to the chopping trees and polluting water.
  4. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

there's 1 or 2 of his cartoon skits at youtube.