Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by radionate

I must admit it would make for an interesting remake. But I think it will always be Gene Wilder for me.
I know. I would love to make a remake, but, you can't really do any better. It'll always be Gene Wilder.

Now, if you could get Gene Wilder to return to the role... :smile:

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
Hey... wasn't there a sequel to the "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" book that hasn't been made into a movie yet? (*Hint hint* to all you producers out there.)

--"Scary" Larry Wolf

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
By the by... check out this awesome link:

http://www.borg.com/~superman/

--"Scary" Larry Wolf

Manda:-D

Reaction score
As a child, this movie frightened me. But, when I got older, I grew to love it, and now it's one of my favorite movies!
Wolfy-I LOOOOVE Veruca's song!!!! It's so much fun to sing, too!!! Ya gotta enjoy being that brassy & bratty!!!
I think I'll always prefer "Imagination", especially sung by Gene Wilder, though! I never thought of him as much of a singer, but I just love him on that song!!!
:sing: "If you want to view paradise
Simply look around and view
Anything at all to do it
Want to change the world? There's nothing to it...." :sing:
I could go around singing that all day! :big_grin:

DirthNader

Reaction score
Of course, Gene Wilder could play "grandpa". As for the role of Willy??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????.....:excited: I've got it! Marylin Manson...ta dahhhhhh :big_grin:

*chirp, chirp*

Alright, so maybe not. It should definately be someone who could play an odd figure convincingly. Robin williams, sure, but the casting of him would be too obvious. Tom Cruise? No. Will Smith? That could be interesting. Jazz it up a bit.....

Who do you guys think would fit the various roles well? It would be interesting to know :smile:

Kye

Reaction score
Thtas a great Idea!! Gene wilder would be a Great Grandpa Joe!!! I think Jim Carrey would be the best choice for wonka.

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah i'd like them to make the sequel but the story ws never that strong. They go in the elevator to a spacestation i think and meet space monsters.

If they were going to recast the original i'd probably go for Robin Williams as Wonka - Carrey isn't gentle enough to do it. Gene Wilder is an excellent idea for Grandpa Joe. There is only one (i think) original Oompa Loompa alive so i'd hope they use him. most of the other main cast members are alive so maybe they could get cameos in there somewhere.

Kye

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
Yeah i'd like them to make the sequel but the story ws never that strong. They go in the elevator to a spacestation i think and meet space monsters.

If they were going to recast the original i'd probably go for Robin Williams as Wonka - Carrey isn't gentle enough to do it. Gene Wilder is an excellent idea for Grandpa Joe. There is only one (i think) original Oompa Loompa alive so i'd hope they use him. most of the other main cast members are alive so maybe they could get cameos in there somewhere.
Really, I think Jim Carrey handles that sensitive side well...like in The majestic and trueman show

wolfy

Reaction score
Hey, Frogboy...

If you want to see a REALLY scary-looking Oompa-loompa, check out this sight on THIS site....

http://www.pittsburghcomicon.com/photos2002/picture2002.html

(Now, be patient, you have to scroll down to find it...THERE it is!)

Don't come crying to me if you are more scared now than before, though...yunz takes yunzez chances in the Pitt, yunz know!
wolfy

And yes, Jim Carrey does TOO have a wonderful, tender caring side...

Oh...and I have been reminded to tell you all not to forget the "Futurama" parody of "Willie Wonka" called "Fry and the Slurm Factory." I'm sure the Simpsons have had one, but I can't remember over 10 years of cartoons like my kids can...!