Willkins and Wontkins

Jflyer71

Reaction score
Hi all! A close friend of mine is debating whether to sell a pristine pair of Willkins and Wontkins vinyl puppets made in 1958. They are mark free and display like new! They have been on a shelf in her parents house for over 50 years.

My question is whether you think Ebay is the appropriate forum for the sale. Or maybe it should be handled as a private transaction in order to eliminate commissions? Any suggestions or ideas?

:smile:

sesameguy

Reaction score
It depends- from what I understand, the eBay commission prices are not too bad. But you've posted to the right place. :smile: Hopefully any interested buyers will post here or try to contact you. Otherwise, eBay would probably be just fine.

Jflyer71

Reaction score
Value?

Does anyone know what the current value of this set is? Someone sent me a private message saying thye go for around $300, but my friend said that a pair in slightly worse condition sold for over $2,200 a few years back.

That's a big difference if true. Any reason for the decline?

zns

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the current value of this set is? Someone sent me a private message saying thye go for around $300, but my friend said that a pair in slightly worse condition sold for over $2,200 a few years back.

That's a big difference if true. Any reason for the decline?
Who knows what the reason is anyway. What is your friend going to charge for? I'm assuming that person wouldn't even want to trade considering how rare they both are.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
If your friend is willing to sell them for $300 I would buy them in a heartbeat. They are worth much more than that. I have a pair and paid more than that. They are worth every penny I spent. The $2200 is too high though as well. I would estimate the fair price for these as somewhere between $700-800.

rche

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone would hit 2 grand with a set of Wilkins and Wontkins in todays economy. About 300-800 seems to be the range on ebay. There are probably several potential buyers here. I know I would be interested. I would suggest to your friend they post them up here with the asking price they want and see if there are any bites.

Also, if your friend has a Paypal account, I suggest using the personal payment method if they do not want to incur fees. Less buyer/seller protection with that, but no fees are involved.

Ebay fees are at about 12% depending on the method of sale. A direct sale can save the buyer some money and get the item moving faster.

have a good time,
rche