Win the Ultimate Muppet Whatnot Workshop Experience!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Muppets Studios let us know about a very special charity auction they are holding for... The Ultimate Muppet Whatnot Workshop Experience from FAO Schwarz!

As you know, you can customize your very own Muppet Whatnot here. But between now and December 10, you have a chance to bid on the following:

The most sensational, inspirational, celebrational adventure of a lifetime! One lucky winner and a guest will travel to Muppet Whatnot headquarters at FAO Schwarz Fifth Avenue to be greeted by Kermit the Frog and Fozzie Bear before designing and building a custom Muppet Whatnot puppet to take home. Next up: Private puppeteering lessons with a Muppet pro to prepare the specially designed Muppet Whatnot for an exciting performance. A video keepsake, with Kermit and Fozzie, will document the entire experience!

Exclusive offer details:
This experiential package includes airfare and 2-night/ 3-day hotel accommodations for one winner and a guest in New York City for ‘THE WORKS’: An Exclusive Ultimate Muppet Whatnot Workshop Experience.

Winner will receive exclusive access to the Muppet Whatnot Workshop at FAO Schwarz Fifth Avenue. In this private session, they will design and build their very own Muppet Whatnot.
Winner will receive a private puppeteering lesson from a real Muppet performer to learn classic puppeteering techniques, such as how to perform traditional hand and rod puppets, as well as “right hand” puppets.

Once the winner has mastered the art of puppeteering, their new Muppet Whatnot will debut in a 3-minute video, co-starring Kermit the Frog. This video will then be posted on Muppets.com.
The entire experience will be filmed to create a personal keepsake video of this priceless opportunity. This video will be sent to the winner’s home.

Discover the joy a unique gift can bring! Explore FAO.com now!

Terms:
Experience cannot be resold. The Experience may be redeemed any time between January 1, 2010 and June 30, 2010. Disney will work directly with the redeeming individual to determine a date and time to deliver the Experience that is mutually agreeable. Winners will receive a certificate detailing the Experience for the winning bidder, as well as a gift package, representative of the Muppet brand, to give as a gift during the holidays. The certificate will include all necessary contact information for redeeming the Experience. In order to claim the Experience, the successful bidder (or the person for whose benefit the Experience is obtained) will need to execute documents designated by Disney or an affiliate (including, but not limited to, a depiction release) and take such other actions as may be required in order to comply with all applicable laws and guild requirements and execute a release satisfactory to Disney releasing Disney and its affiliates in connection with the Experience and agree to certain limitations with respect to use of the “keepsake” video.
Here is the official auction link...

http://www.charityfolks.com/cfaucti...=17794&catname=For+Kids&scid=13571&mcid=13558

And here are other FAO experiences being given away including a Spotlight Barbie Experience, Lego Experience and Storybook New York Experience.

http://www.charityfolks.com/fao.htm

dwayne1115

Reaction score
This is really great! do we know what the Charity is that they are rasing money for?

MuppetMazz

Reaction score
WOW do I wish I had enough money to even attempt to win this!

Davina

Reaction score
really wish i had a few extra thousand dollars laying around.. but then, i probablly couldn't use it anyway.. though.. maybe.. i didn't see in there anywhere if the "airfare" would cover coming from Alaska... (most prizes that include travel don't..)

Nick22

Reaction score
lol. too bad i don't have a couple thousand extra dollars laying around.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Drats! There goes my chance of working with the Muppets.

shimauta

Reaction score
It is getting a bit expensive... I kind of wish this was a contest, rather than an auction. Whoever has the deepest pockets will win...

theprawncracker

Reaction score
It is getting a bit expensive... I kind of wish this was a contest, rather than an auction. Whoever has the deepest pockets will win...
Yes, but it's for a very worthy charity, so I would say that it's worth it.