Winnie the Pooh trailer.....

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
A few weeks ago I was browsing imdb.com where they let you see new trailers for upcoming movies. The trailer I saw was the new Winnie the Pooh. I was surprised Disney was going to do another traditional 2d animated film (everything else that comes out from them and every other movie company is also computer animated...which already got old years ago). Loved the red balloon flying around in the beginning of the trailer and hitting the bell on the treehouse.

I thought this was a bold move, but a rather smart one for the powers at the company to do. It's Winnie the Pooh, one of the most well known characters, and it's back in the traditional 2d animation which looks great.

The last thing I enjoyed was the song that was used in the trailer, "Somewhere Only We Know" by Keane. The song fit right in with the trailer. I also thought it could be used for the new muppet movie due out at the end of the year.......Since the film is about getting the muppets back together to help keep the muppet theater from closing, I had a creative vision of having the song start and showing Kermit at the old muppet theater with Beauregard and George in the background cleaning while Kermit is reading a message stating the theater is going to be shut down. Kermit could then say something while holding the note, then Beau makes a comment, followed by George saying something and then continuing to mop..........Sounds like a good scene to me......

Puckrox

Reaction score
I watched this trailer for the first time a few weeks ago, and got a little teary eyed. Yeah. I just rewatched it a minute ago. I bawled. Full out sobbed. This trailer is one of the most beautiful things I've seen in ages. I'm glad Disney has finally begun to pick up on how we miss 2D. Making a new Pooh movie was a smart move on their part.

The song "Somewhere Only We Know" is a perfect fit for the Pooh trailer. I seriously think it's a shout out to all of us who grew up with that round, cuddly bear. Because, the Hundred Acre Woods, is someplace that only we know since we grew up with it. Oh geez, I can't wait for this movie.

I like your idea for the Muppet scene and the song. :smile:

beakerboy12

Reaction score
I watched this trailer for the first time a few weeks ago, and got a little teary eyed. Yeah. I just rewatched it a minute ago. I bawled. Full out sobbed. This trailer is one of the most beautiful things I've seen in ages. I'm glad Disney has finally begun to pick up on how we miss 2D. Making a new Pooh movie was a smart move on their part.

The song "Somewhere Only We Know" is a perfect fit for the Pooh trailer. I seriously think it's a shout out to all of us who grew up with that round, cuddly bear. Because, the Hundred Acre Woods, is someplace that only we know since we grew up with it. Oh geez, I can't wait for this movie.
I saw the trailer! I just love that 2D animation is making a comeback! Pooh is a well known character that we all know and love and to bring him back in full form (not as computer-animated "super sleuths") is just a great idea!

They're also basing it off the books again like in the old specials! It's just great to see Disney giving us what we want... classic Disney animation!

I love Pixar as much as the next guy! But they've basically made 2D animation impossible to find in theaters! I just love that this movie is coming! I hope it makes a big impact on other studios and such! More 2D would be fantastic! Though, I'm not saying I don't want Pixar! Brave and Monster's Inc. 2 are things I'm really looking forward too as well!

And, yes, Puckrox! "Somewhere Only We Know" is a perfect fit! I feel like modern music fits with Pooh when it's a ballad! I just love the song and it's perfect for the movie! Aside from that, still on the music, The Sherman Brothers are also doing music for the movie! Oh! This is just going to be really good! I will adore this movie! This is just what we want! Pooh is back, baby!

Puckrox

Reaction score
They're also basing it off the books again like in the old specials! It's just great to see Disney giving us what we want... classic Disney animation!
I love that so much. Just sticking with what's classic and cherished. Again, a very smart move. I haven't read the Pooh books in ages, but I remember loving them when I was a kid, so I'm sure I'll love the movie as well.

I love Pixar as much as the next guy! But they've basically made 2D animation impossible to find in theaters! I just love that this movie is coming! I hope it makes a big impact on other studios and such! More 2D would be fantastic! Though, I'm not saying I don't want Pixar! Brave and Monster's Inc. 2 are things I'm really looking forward too as well!
I adore Pixar. Pixar has managed to create some of my all time favorite films, and I look forward to all future films they make. Pixar makes my heart smile. That being said, 2D is due for a comeback. Hollywood's been too obsessed with 3D these past ten years. Time to start cranking out the really well done 2D movies again!

And, yes, Puckrox! "Somewhere Only We Know" is a perfect fit! I feel like modern music fits with Pooh when it's a ballad! I just love the song and it's perfect for the movie! Aside from that, still on the music, The Sherman Brothers are also doing music for the movie! Oh! This is just going to be really good! I will adore this movie! This is just what we want! Pooh is back, baby!
I KNOW! It's perfect! I love it. GAH, I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS FILM!