Winnie-the-Pooh

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I know I'm not the only one here who loves that tubby little cubby and all his buddies - though I may be one of the biggest! I've got so much Pooh stuff... it's all you see when you step into my room! Well, that, and my Art Garfunkel autographs. But I've got Pooh everywhere. What's everybody's favorite character? I love them all, but Pooh is probably my favorite. He's just so incredibly cheerful and good-willed. I'm definitely most like Piglet though. I'm such a wimp! Do you like the Disney Pooh better, or the original Milne? And which Disney version of Pooh do you like best? I personally like Disney's better than Milne's. :embarrassed: I just think the characters are all a bit nicer; they're a tad less so in the original. Plus, it's so colorful. And of the Disney incarnations, "New Adventures of Winnie-the-Pooh" is my favorite. I love the animation style, for one thing. Everything just looks so beautiful and so cheerful. The storylines are great, the music is well done, the characterization is terrific... I don't know. Just really good. And I personally prefer Christopher Robin as an American, even though he was really British. :embarrassed:
Erin

Whatever

Reaction score
I love Winnie the Pooh. I loved the cartoons as a kid and I've read all the books. Then when I was 12 or so a friend named my hamster Winnie the Pooh. I loved that hamster a lot and my mom started buying me a lot of clothes with Winnie the Poon on them!

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
I enjoy some Pooh meself...as fer muh fave, Kanga!! :flirt: I just love her!

It was funny, the other day at work a couple o' female Silly Creatures were talkin' bout Pooh, and one said gushin'ly, "I love Pooooh!", and the other one snickered, takin' it in the toilet way, and so we all snickered. Lol! :stick_out_tongue:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Janice & Mokey's Man said:
I enjoy some Pooh meself...as fer muh fave, Kanga!! :flirt: I just love her!

It was funny, the other day at work a couple o' female Silly Creatures were talkin' bout Pooh, and one said gushin'ly, "I love Pooooh!", and the other one snickered, takin' it in the toilet way, and so we all snickered. Lol! :stick_out_tongue:
I found a Pooh "Which Character Are You?" test online, so I took it and had my brother and parents take it too. My mom came out as Kanga, which didn't surprise me too much, but then my dad came out as Kanga too! :stick_out_tongue: I guess I just have very nurturing parents! :wink:

My 13-year-old cousin always tells me when he sees me how stupid Pooh is, and then proceeds to tell me the joke he always tells me involving Winnie-the-Pooh and a toilet... :rolleyes:
Erin

Erine81981

Reaction score
I like both versions. I have several plush toys of the A.A Milne and some Disney version. I would have to say my favorite character would be Tigger. I love Disney's old version they did in the 70's 80's cartoons. I did have the DVD episodes of those old version but since my Nince's took it. Its scatched anyways. My sister had an old plush pooh bear. I used to sleep w/ it as well as her other bears she had. I wished Disney would bring back that old show w/ actors in costumes of Winne the Pooh. I miss it. I remember waking up and watching every morning befor school. I like to watch "The book of Pooh." Now thats a cool show to watch. I like how they did that w/ puppets. Now thats some awsome idea they used for an old Disney show. Now they just need to make it where they interact w/ real people then just themself. I would like to see a movie of "The Book of Pooh." I would love to see puppet forms for sale. I know I would buy them. "Oh bother!"

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
On Jeopardy last night, the Final Jeopardy answer, under the heading of "Literary Females," was "This is the only female character in A. A. Milne's Winnie-the-Pooh books." I couldn't believe it! That was a Final Jeopardy question?? What threw me even more, though - one contestant didn't get it!! :eek: :stick_out_tongue:
Erin

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Hehe. It's Kanga. Obviously!

Gee, who couldn't get that? I mean, when I was really little, I always thought Rabbit was a female, but Kange IS the mother of Roo, after all.

What did the other contestant say the answer was?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
I like both versions. I have several plush toys of the A.A Milne and some Disney version. I would have to say my favorite character would be Tigger. I love Disney's old version they did in the 70's 80's cartoons. I did have the DVD episodes of those old version but since my Nince's took it. Its scatched anyways. My sister had an old plush pooh bear. I used to sleep w/ it as well as her other bears she had. I wished Disney would bring back that old show w/ actors in costumes of Winne the Pooh. I miss it. I remember waking up and watching every morning befor school. I like to watch "The book of Pooh." Now thats a cool show to watch. I like how they did that w/ puppets. Now thats some awsome idea they used for an old Disney show. Now they just need to make it where they interact w/ real people then just themself. I would like to see a movie of "The Book of Pooh." I would love to see puppet forms for sale. I know I would buy them. "Oh bother!"
There was a movie of The Book of Pooh. It was released shortly before the new television series was, and was a direct-to-video release.

Also, the series you're reffering to with the costumed people was also called The Book of Pooh. The show was just recently revived using puppetry instead.

Speaking of which, Avenue Q's Rick Lyon and Stephanie D'Abruzzo have both worked on The Book of Pooh playing various characters (I believe Stephanie plays Kessy Bird). The two have also worked on Sesame Street and The Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss. Stephanie worked on Elmo in Grouchland, and Rick worked on Bear in the Big Blue House, and several other Henson Productions as well.

You can read their bios here at www.avenueq.com/cast.html

You can read more about Rick Lyon on www.lyonpuppets.com

And, here's a link to pictures of Rick Lyon working on The Book of Pooh: http://www.lyonpuppets.com/pooh.html

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
Hehe. It's Kanga. Obviously!

Gee, who couldn't get that? I mean, when I was really little, I always thought Rabbit was a female, but Kange IS the mother of Roo, after all.

What did the other contestant say the answer was?
Yeah, that's true, Rabbit does seem a bit effeminate, but if it's only one, it's obviously Kanga. This contestant, however, wrote in "Who is I have no idea?" :stick_out_tongue:
Erin