Winnie-the-Pooh

Amazing Mumford

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
Also, the series you're reffering to with the costumed people was also called The Book of Pooh. The show was just recently revived using puppetry instead.
Actually, there was a 1980s live-action show called "Welcome to Pooh Corner" on the Disney Channel. Each episode was hosted by some British guy who narrated the story as if reading it to the viewer. I used to watch that and "Dumbo's Circus" (also live action) all the time back then.

BTW, Rabbit is my favorite character. Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, etc. NEED Rabbit to keep some sanity in the 100 Acre Wood!!

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
On Jeopardy last night, the Final Jeopardy answer, under the heading of "Literary Females," was "This is the only female character in A. A. Milne's Winnie-the-Pooh books." I couldn't believe it! That was a Final Jeopardy question??
:eek:

OMG!! TOO freakin 'cool!! The FINAL JEOPARDY answer was my FAV'RITE Pooh character---go Kanga!!! :excited:

Don'tLiveOnMoon said:
What threw me even more, though - one contestant didn't get it!! :eek: :stick_out_tongue:...This contestant, however, wrote in "Who is I have no idea?"
LOL! Heh, what a maroon! :big_grin:

Thanks fer this "HOT Kanga news, Erin!"

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Amazing Mumford said:
Actually, there was a 1980s live-action show called "Welcome to Pooh Corner" on the Disney Channel. Each episode was hosted by some British guy who narrated the story as if reading it to the viewer. I used to watch that and "Dumbo's Circus" (also live action) all the time back then.
Oh! Right! That's what it was. I thought it was The Book of Pooh. I'm sorry, you're right.

I used to watch the reruns all the time on Disney Channel during the ninties. It was a good show. I used to have to watch it with the closed captioning on because I couldn't hear very well (I was born nearly completely deaf). Hearing's much better now, though I sometimes get confused as to what side of my head sound is coming from. hehe. Reading the captioning while listening to the talking makes it easier to hear what's being said. I think it's because you're following along. Right now I have an image os Tigger bouncing up a tree with the lyrics to the song he sang in the black boxes at the bottom of the screen in my head, which is why I brought it up.

Amazing Mumford

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
Oh! Right! That's what it was. I thought it was The Book of Pooh. I'm sorry, you're right.

I used to watch the reruns all the time on Disney Channel during the ninties. It was a good show.
They were still running it in the 90's?! Gee, I wish I'd known that--though by then I was probably "too old" for the Disney channel (or so I thought). We stopped getting Disney channel for a few years back when it was still a premium channel. Yeah, it was a very quality show. There SO needs to be a channel that reruns all those old cable shows like Pooh Corner and Dumbo's Circus.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Amazing Mumford said:

BTW, Rabbit is my favorite character. Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, etc. NEED Rabbit to keep some sanity in the 100 Acre Wood!!
I used to watch Dumbo all the time! That was great! For some reason I only remember one episode of the Pooh show, where Tigger painted this rock the same color of the sky to make it look like he was floating. :stick_out_tongue:
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Janice & Mokey's Man said:
:eek:

OMG!! TOO freakin 'cool!! The FINAL JEOPARDY answer was my FAV'RITE Pooh character---go Kanga!!! :excited:

LOL! Heh, what a maroon! :big_grin:

Thanks fer this "HOT Kanga news, Erin!"
Hehe, you're welcome! I know, I was so psyched that was the Final Jeopardy question! Who'da thunk it??
Erin

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
HEY! I too remember "Welcome to Pooh Corner" 'n "Dumbo's Circus"!

Really!

I too!

:big_grin:

They were staples in muh TV watchin' when Daddy Byron'd drop me off at Gran 'n Pop's early in the mornin's whilst he went out tuh farm. :zany: We didn't have no cable er satellite none, so it was a real treat to have satellite access there fer sev'ral hours a day!

Really!

It was!

The only vivid memory of "Pooh" I have is Pooh 'n Piglet goin' up to Owl's treehouse, 'n a rully, rully big storm comin' along---ya know, rull windyyyy 'n evruhthang---it seemed so "severe" cause I was a kid, lol.

And "Dumbo's Circus"! OMG! What great memories! :smile: Dumbo, Lily the pretty cat, Sebastian the alleyish cat, Barnaby the dog, Caliope the orangutan, the koala guy ringmaster 'n his koala sister who became the "minuteman" (can't remember their names---hers started with an "M").

I remember the episode where Female Koala came to visit but kept gettin' in the way---or some'in'---and went to run away, but then somebody---I guess Male Koala---came to fetch her, 'n she was like, "You better hurry, the circus starts in __ minutes, you'll be late!" and they were like, "OMG, how did you know that?? Hey! You could be our 'minuteman' and tell everyone when it's time to go on!"

And then muh fav'rite episode was one where there was a HUGE STORM 'n Dumbo's tent got blown down. So he ran over to Barnaby's, and his tent got blown down---then they ran to Lily's, and her tent got blown down---n' so on 'n so on till everybody had to pile into Sebastian's tent, all cramped up (and he was Booberish in his "crowd likin' ", lol)...I loved 'at 'un! :big_grin:

Thanks fer the mem'ries! Teehee! :smile:

electricmayhem

Reaction score
I love Milne's classic Pooh the most I think. There's something about them that's just so great. But I also love The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. It always makes me think of when we were little and didn't get the Disney channel so we'd only get to watch it when we were in Disney World! And I always always watched Welcome to Pooh Corner and Dumbo's Circus. Those were some of my very favorites. Even more than the New Adventures though, I love the movie The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh because they have the Disney-type characters in all the original stories.

I so wish I was watching Pooh Corner right now...*sigh* stupid growing up. :smirk:

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Here's 4 episodes you can buy for $50:
Pooh Corner

Here's a site for Welcome to Pooh Corner:
Yay

You can download the theme song and ending songs! Oh my gosh, I'm getting teary eyed!

Amazing Mumford

Reaction score
Janice & Mokey's Man said:
And "Dumbo's Circus"! OMG! What great memories! :smile: Dumbo, Lily the pretty cat, Sebastian the alleyish cat, Barnaby the dog, Caliope the orangutan, the koala guy ringmaster 'n his koala sister who became the "minuteman" (can't remember their names---hers started with an "M").
Whoa!! You remembered way more than I did. I completely forgot about the koala guy being the ringmaster and Sebastian the alley cat!! Good times. Also, there was Lionel (a lion of course). The show seemed like it was on all the time back then. For those who missed out (or have fuzzy memories like me), here's a decent web site that shows the characters:

http://dumbo.sphosting.com/