Wish me luck...

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
What're you complainin' for, I don't have any interviews, and you have 4!

:grouchy:

But rully, good luck! LOL!

:big_grin:

:stick_out_tongue:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Thanks. When it rains it pours. Only 2 of them are jobs I'd want to keep long term. :smile:

Time to turn in. :sleep: Gotta look rested and be on my toes. :excited:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I think we all need some hope, luck, prayers...heck, times are tougher than you might imagine them to be. I just realized that my monthly expenses really are more than I make, and hadn't realized that if it weren't for occasional cartoon gigs then I wouldn't make it at all!! :eek:

Oh, the agony of it all.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Well, that was the shortest and most successful interview I've had to date. I still have to meet with one more person as a formality, but it's highly likely I got this freelance position that could lead to other things. I was kind of freaked that they used the term "over-qualified" but since they want somebody good at a minimal budget, that's probably a good thing. This is one of the jobs I really wanted because it allows me to make good contacts for permanent employment.

Now, one more to go for today. This one isn't necessarily a position I want, but it would be permanent and enough to tie over my finances while allowing some creative elements.

You know, it's been made even more clear on this thread that I am not alone. I hope we all have success in our hunt. :smile:

Luke

Reaction score
So FB - this is the gaming industry one ? So you'd be designing backgrounds and characters and things ?

Oh and yeah Kev, my living expenses far outweigh what actually comes in too - my flexible friend is finding it hard to stand up, it's a hard life being an international playboy (with penguin sidekick) !

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Oooh, I have initials now. I like that L. :smile:

That was a different position. Just a freelance site with other opportunities. I would be a liaison between the company and a multimedia firm. My job would just be to create imagery.

I also dropped off an application for visual merchandiser of a reputable commercial store headquartered in the city. It's not really what I want to do, but it would pay the bills and I could work my way up. Duties would be displays, pr and customer interaction. Sounds better than it is, but it's something and I have the look that would fit in with these guys. When did that happen? :eek: Also, a cute peer from school works there. I didn't know that. I kind of had a crush on this particular classmate too, but it was at a time when such things didn't interest me. Like now. LOL! Just a funny thing. This is one small city!

Thanks for all the support. More stuff coming soon, I hope. I’ve been slipping into complacency as of late. My energy and commitment are on fire these days so something should happen soon. Got my groove back!:sing:

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
I also dropped off an application for visual merchandiser of a reputable commercial store headquartered in the city. It's not really what I want to do, but it would pay the bills and I could work my way up. Duties would be displays, pr and customer interaction. Sounds better than it is, but it's something and I have the look that would fit in with these guys. When did that happen? :eek: Also, a cute peer from school works there. I didn't know that. I kind of had a crush on this particular classmate too, but it was at a time when such things didn't interest me. Like now. LOL! Just a funny thing. This is one small city!
You make it almost sound like an important Forbes 500 company kid! :wink:

And who is this art student. I might have to have Tony and Guido have a talk with them. You know what I'm sayin'. :crazy: