Wished on a Morning Star - (A Sam and Janice story)

Leyla

Reaction score
Thank you, Beau dear! I get it now!

Beauregard said:
Chapter 2: Sea
Mmm... nice title. I'm on the coast, so the sea is a powerful image for me.

Loved the toast passing scene, all the nameless descriptions of the characters, and poor long-suffering Sam waiting and waiting, then having to go for cereal. Liked mini-frog as a description for Robin. Did you know he's only six ounces? <winks at Lisa>

<ponders where the pig and the not so mini frog might be at this hour.> <ushy gushy sigh>
I'm teasing you Beau, of course, 'cause you haven't implied a thing... but, that's just the sort of place you end up when you live in ushy gushy land.

Sam got up. He was suddenly not hungry.
Funny, stodgy, and yet sympathetic. Lovely writing.

I like Janice holing up in Robin's hidey hole, and Robin trying on her accent.
Once again, you went and reminded me of Floyd's depression. I've got to go replenish my chocolate supply. Lots of very pretty description here.

Sam paced over the boards and leant against the other pillar.

Janice watched him through the cracks.
This is really interesting staging Beau, and I enjoyed picturing her watching him from below, unseen.

"I am Sam." He paced back. "Sam, I am."
I do not like green eggs and ham. (Waves at Lisa> Look ,green eggs and ham!

Janice refused to follow that avenue of argument. "How's school."

"Great!"

"Why aren’t you there?"
I like it when Robin's aggravating. It's so cute and fun and kid-like.

Maybe he'd call her later.

To be continued...
Ooh, who's he gonna call? I wannnnaa KNOOOOOWWW!!!! (And I am reasonably certain it is not the ghostbusters)

Hugs,
Leyla

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... You'd have to ask that girl who refuses to clean out her PM box, Tog-something or other was her name I think.
But I believe it was registered around the same time as the sense/dollars line we all quip at the drop of a hat.
Which makes you wonder why would hats want to be dropped? I mean, it's so much more comfortable just to rest there, atop one's head...
Guess they're just slowly trying to commit mass suicide to prove a point.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
It's possible... He might be trying to gather up the courage to call Martha Louise Ann, the buzzard mentioned in Chapter 1 Leyla.
But that's just a guess on my part. Bo, post more and confirm this or not, please!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Well, you know what I love about this chapter? ...I mean, besides what everybody else has mentioned. I love how many times Robin changed his mind about that darned toast! (French toast. <pokes Beau> Tee-hee!) And I love Sweetums eating the package. And the carton. And yeah. That makes me happy.

And I love the under-the-porch! I just love it! It makes me so happy! And hey, so THAT'S why Robin wasn't in MTI much? He's afraid of the ocean? Aw... There goes my theory on why Robin should have played Jim Hawkins... <giggles>

And I love Scooter's "little dig" at Sam! I love that whole scene, actually.

Oh, let's be honest. I love the whole chapter!

MORE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Hmm, detailed reviews already covered...I'll just second what everyone else says because I'm lazy today (hey it's Sunday after all) and also say MORE PLEASE!

christyb

Reaction score
Beau...okay bad me I haven't read it yet. It's *points to desktop* Right there waiting on me to read tonight. I will! I just wanted to pop in and say I'm glad you decided to go on ahead with this. Also, I wanna spread an apology to all the writers in the fanfic forum...I'll read each and everyone of your stories....eventually. Now I'm off...too many replies to do and too little time.

Java

Reaction score
Christy, I'm feeling the same way, trying to catch up.

Beau, this is wonderful. I'm loving it. Can't wait to see more when available.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Count me in that catch-up boat too, please.

And Bo... Well, let's just say it won't be pretty if you don't post any updates soonish.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Ok, my internet was down for a while, but I had a perfect idea for the future of this story this morning, so expect some updates soon!