Wishing for an Electric Mayhem Album

LipsGF4Life

Reaction score
AMAZIN! Walt Disney will totally read this. Make that letter a thread!:smile:

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
You do know Walt Disney died... right? LOL! I get what you mean. :wink: Hopefully, they will, but, knowing Disney, I'll need some luck. :cool:

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
Thanks! :smile:

EDIT: Ok, off to a good start! We have 8 signatures! :smile: Tell anyone and everyone to sign this, even if they don't like the Muppets!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Why not? The song was released in Music, Mayhem, and More! in 2002. I think it would be fine. :sing:
And it was on the Muppets Wizard of Oz soundtrack (one of many non-Oz songs to have also been released on Music, Mayhem, and More!).

As far as covers with new photos vs. old photos goes, I'd be okay with existing photos only if all the material is recordings from previous productions, but I want a new cover image if it's all-new recordings (though I really don't like their current outfits, thankful they wore their original clothes in the new movie but puzzled they wore their new clothes in the publicity photos).

I wonder if it'd sound jarring if they rerecorded existing Electric Mayhem songs with the current performers. Would it sound odd to hear "Can You Picture That?" or "Barnyard Boogie" with Barretta, Jacobson, Vogel, and Rudman voicing the characters (if "Barnyard Boogie" were rerecorded would they rerecord Lips' line or just have another character sing his line?)?

If not a new album I'd like to see an Electric Mayhem TV special, maybe a "Behind the Music" parody or the band in concert (perhaps similar to The Fantastic Miss Piggy Show).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'd prefer for an Electric Mayhem album to have plenty of existing songs that hadn't been on previous albums, but even if it were all songs that have been released on albums, I think there's enough album-released Electric Mayhem songs to include on an album:
  • Tenderly
  • Sweet Tooth Jam
  • Sax and Violence
  • New York State of Mind
  • Foggy Day
  • Can You Picture That?
  • Little Saint Nick
  • While My Guitar Gently Weaps
  • Mr. Bassman
  • Night Life
  • Gone Fishin'
  • You Can't Take No for an Answer
  • Jingle Bell Rock
  • Wipe Out
  • Wild Thing
  • Fozziwig's Party
  • Nap Time
  • 'Zat You, Santa Claus?
  • The Man with the Bag
  • Run, Run, Rudolph

That's 20 songs that have been released on albums. Of course, six of them are Christmas songs, and I'm not sure if it should have too many Christmas songs. There's also three instrumental tunes (if I had to choose one I'd pick Sax and Violence, but it'd need Zoot's introductory dialogue). I'm not sure if Disney could obtain permission to use the tracks from the John Denver albums (or The Muppets Take Manhattan), but you never know.