Without Love

ZootyCutie

Reaction score
Almost every story has a story that focuses about love. Be it an item or a person, most have love. But, this story starts with hate, and gives a power so strong.

We find ourselves at a normal house in Illinois. It's the home of the Gunthers, a normal family on their street, except for their daughter. You see, their entire street are Muppet fans. At least, all but Misty. She's your average teenage girl, and can't stand that her entire neighborhood, her friends, her family, are obsessed with them.

"Misty, you're going to be late for school!" Mrs. Gunther called up to her room. It was decorated with Muppet items, all of them gave her an eyesore. She sulked out of her bed and browsed through her closet.

"What torture shirt is in store for me today?" She muttered. She eventually ended up with a pink one with a frog strumming a banjo that said on it 'Today Was a Good Day'.

"Where is that girl? Her breakfast is getting cold." Mrs. Gunther said. She was feeding her toddler son, a short little one in a shirt that had Animal on it.
"I'm here." Misty said. "What's for breakfast?"

Her mom placed a plate of french toast shaped like the face of a strange hook-nosed whatever. In disgust, she called her dog, a brown one named Rowlf, and gave him her meal.

"I got to go now." Misty said, grabbing her backpack with the same frog on it, and left.

"Hey, girl!" Her friend said, a girl her age named Janice.
"Hey Jan. Another day, another headache today." Misty replied.
"I got a new shirt, you like it?" Janice said, showing a shirt with a Muppet band on it. On it it said 'Electric Mayhem, World Tour '79'.
"Yeah. Great. Where's Mark and Josh?" Misty asked.
"You mean Bunsen and Beaker? They're over by the back of the school. Let's see what their up to!" Janice said, grabbing Misty by the arm.

Mark and Josh, known as their friends as Bunsen and Beaker were working on a new invention. It looked like a ray gun.

"What is that?" Janice asked them.
"It's a universe ray. It can send people into other universes." 'Bunsen' said.
"I'll beleive it as soon as I see it." Misty scoffed. Their inventions never worked. They've tried countless ones, and all it ended up doing is harming 'Beaker'.

'Bunsen' shot the ray at Misty, engulfing her in a ray of light. After a bright flash, she was gone!

"Okay, this is bad." Janice said.

As if that was the secret word, a young boy with black and white styled hair and clothing ran in, wearing a nametag that said "Zany", and carrying a cue card that said "Oooooooooooh" on it came in, and held the card up, to where an unknown audience was heard saying what the card said. Misty was now hurtling in time and space.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm... This could be something... Waiting for more to form an informed opinion, please post more.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
This is a rather original plot line. I actually am not a fan of people characters in a muppet story but you've made it likeable in my book. I expect you to write as soon as possible! :3

Good job! Hope to read more from you!

I like how Misty seems to be sort of cynical on the whole muppet thing. I'd gasp at her dislike for them and scream! Hope she changes soon! <3

ZootyCutie

Reaction score
Part 2

Misty was falling in time and space. On they way, she passed up some other universes, like Flash and anime worlds. Finally, she ended landing in another world. When she saw herself, she wasn't human. Her skin was now made of golden colored solid foam, her nose was a small sphere of purple felt, and she was smaller. Her clothes were still the same that she had on. She was in a different world. One of her worst nightmares: she became a Muppet!

"What the? How come I can't live a single day without Muppets taking over?" Misty yelled into the sky. Since she didn't have any place to go, she knocked on the nearest door, one that belonged to a house on 44 Bronson Ln. After she did, she was greeted by a frog in a collar. It was Kermit, the same one on her shirt.

"Hi-ho! I'm Kermit! How can I help you?" Kermit asked.
"Uh, It's a long story, one that has to do with time travel." Misty said, with a hint of disgust in her voice.
"Join the club. Come on in. " Kermit said. "By the way, what's your name. It's great to meet a Muppet fan."
"I'm Misty." She said, avoiding the Muppet fan comment.
"Nice to meet you. I can set you up with a room, though I hope you don't mind sharing." Kermit said. "Would you prefer to stay with Fozzie or Miss Piggy?"
"Uh, I'd feel a little more comfortable with a girl." Misty said.
"Ah, you like a challenge, eh?" Kermit said.
"No! I'll take the bear!" Misty was really upset, due to the fact that she had to share a room with someone that shares a name with the class nerd, who has an obvious crush on her.
"Okay, his room is on the second floor, next to the room with loud music pouring out of it." Kermit said.
"Um, thanks?" Misty wasn't sure what he meant.

Misty went up the stairs, and passed up a room, where surely enough, a sound that sounded like a live band could be heard streaming out, and a girl that sounded like a valley girl could be heard singing something that sounded like this:

"Ever since we first saw the light, a man and woman like to shake it on a Saturday night!"

Rolling her eyes, she went into the next room. In it, the walls were covered with posters, with "Weird Al" Yancovich, Homestar Runner, and one from Saturday Night Live, just to name a few. There was a bunk bed, with white sheets with pink polka dots on them. A dresser, bookshelf, and ukulele were also in the room. There also was a bear, wearing a porkpie hat, necktie with the same pattern as his bedding, and reading a joke book, laying on the bottom bunk. He soon turned his attention to Misty.

"Hey, how can I help you?" He said.
"I'm staying with you." Misty said, not too happy about it.
"Well, I'm Fozzie, and that ear-busting music was from The Electric Mayhem, and if you hear a hip guy and Spanish king prawn fighting, that mean Clifford and Pepe are in their room." He said. "By the way, how did you happen to find here?"
"Time travel." Misty flatly said.
"Ah, a road long traveled around here." He said. "You're probably going to need some clothing though, but we can hook you up. There's six girls living here that were clothes that would fit you."
"Great." She said, in a deadpan tone. She could feel that this would be something she should remember, but not like.

ZootyCutie

Reaction score
Part 3

Misty was still a Muppet, and was 100% sure it wasn't a dream. She still was in an unhappy mood. She went to the room on the left, the one that housed The Electric Mayhem. They were playing some more softer music than last time. This time, it was four girls singing in unison.

"Stop! Don't! No! Please!
Stop! Don't! No! Please!
Stop! Don't! No! Please!
Mama, I'm a big girl now!"

The reheresal was interrupted by a knock on the door. The locks cranked open, and a young adult female Muppet with blue skin, a red nose, orange hair and wearing a pink and purple tennis outfit with matching tennis shoes and headband opened the door.

"Hey there! I'm Kikit! How can I help you?" She replied to Misty.
"Time travel. No outfits. Boarding with a bear." Misty said, with a hint of being out of breath.
"Guys, we got a dimension-jumper." Kikit called to the other members of the band.
"Like that David Bowie obsessed jester!" Zoot, an older member of the band, who was almost asleep, while holding his saxophone.
"Nevermind him. We can hook you up with some of our old outfits we've outgrown." Kikit told Misty.

A few minutes later, Misty had some new outfits, which included some jeans, tank tops, graphic shirts, shoes, and one pair of pajamas, and much to her surprise, not Muppet related.

"Thanks, guys." Misty said to the band, and left to Fozzie's room to put the clothes up, oblivious to the fact that a king prawn was following her.

"Hola, chicka!" The king prawn said, with a Spanish infused voice.
"ACK!" Misty yelled in shock.
"Jou know, screaming isn't good for you. You could bust one of your pretty little vocal cords, okay?" The king prawn said. "I'm Pepe, and before jou call me a shrimp, I'm a king prawn, okay? Let's do dinner, okay?

Misty was left dumfounded. She had no idea what just happened, so she just went and put up her new outfits, then went downstairs.

"This isn't going to be a cute little puppet show." She said to herself.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Very nice development here. Wondering as to Misty's hair, color, length, style, all that.
Also... When Misty replied to her friend Janice's question in Part 1, do you think Misty realizes she replied using one of Statler (the Muppet)'s quotes?
Please post more as I'm interested to see where this goes.

ZootyCutie

Reaction score
Very nice development here. Wondering as to Misty's hair, color, length, style, all that.
Also... When Misty replied to her friend Janice's question in Part 1, do you think Misty realizes she replied using one of Statler (the Muppet)'s quotes?
Please post more as I'm interested to see where this goes.
Response to hair: Medium length, in a ponytail that still has hair hanging out, orange

Response to quote: I think she was just talking, without realizing the Muppet quote took over.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
OH I LOVE IT! I loved the part with Zany in chapter 1! Thank you for the reference! :big_grin: I love it so far! More please!