Without Love

ZootyCutie

Reaction score
Part 7

Misty was now in the music store, browsing around. She was actually given $100.00 to spend however she pleased. She browsed through the CDs, with no luck on non-Muppet CDs.

"Come on. Their has to be something!" She said, the focused on something interesting.

What she found was not Muppet at all. It was a CD that had the same wrestler from the website, only he had amps for legs, lightning bolts for hands, and guitars on his head made to look like horns. The CD cover looked like it was sketched in blue ink. The title said "Strong Bad Sings and Other Type Hits".

"This sounds interesting. I think I'll get this." She said.

When she got in line, she was behind someone who didn't look like a Muppet at all. He was a jester, wearing a purple and yellow hat, with poncho to match, a black and lavender mask, one black eye and another yellow, and was floating in mid air. His hands were just floating too, with no arms to support them.

"Your total's $16 dollars, Dimmie." The shopkeeper told him.
"Much obliged, Albert. I'll be back next week. Ciao!" The jester said, and with a snap of his fingers, disappeared.
"Who was that?" Misty asked in astonishment.
"Oh, him? That was just Dimentio. You know, he's the most obsessed David Bowie fan I've ever seen." Albert said as he rang up the CD. "That will be $10.00.

Misty gave him the money and left. She then headed to the store next to the music store. It was a clothing store, but it seemed to be mostly of band shirts. She decided to browse through the store, just because. Much to her displeasure, most of the shirts were of The Electric Mayhem, so she left, and ran smack face into the same jester.

"Sorry. I'm just about as clumbsy as a teenager on her first pair of high heels." He said.
"That's okay." Misty said. "So, you like David Bowie?"

For the rest of the time, she spent time with Dimentio. The saw Labyrinth, which Misty had no idea it was made by Jim Henson, played Super Paper Mario at the Wii station, and ended up in the food court.

"So, your from the Paper Mario world, huh?" Misty asked him.
"Yeah. It's like I'm a villan, but it's just misunderstood." Dimentio said.
"I don't think you as a villan. In fact..." Misty leaned over to kiss him, when Dimentio stood up.
"I gotta go. My girlfriend Luna will be upset if I don't meet her in Flipside. Ciao!" With another snap of his fingers, he dissapeared.
"Uh, bye?" Misty said, with a hint of sadness in her voice.

Misty later met up with the others. She ended up getting a shirt at the band name shirt store. She found a pink one with Dimentio that said "Ciao!" on it.

"Like Misty, are you okay? You rully don't look too good." Janice asked. The were on the bus now. Zoot was crying over a two-legged elephant drawing called Tendafoot.
"Ohh, Tendafoot! Can you tell me what to do with myself? I feel like I'm at a crossroads, and there's like, a Denny's on one corner, and an IHOP on the other!" Zoot was carrying on more than on the Li'l Brudder picture. "Can you give me some sound financial advice? Tendafoot, can you help advise me on my future?"

Misty went back to Janice's question.

"Yeah Janice. I guess I just fell for the leader of the pack." Misty said, leaving Janice confused.

The bus pulled to a stop at the house. Misty simply left and went to Fozzie's room, and found a piece of paper and pencil to write what she felt. This is what it said:

I felt so helpless, what could I do?
Remembering all the things we'd been through
In school they all stop and stare
I can't hide the tears, but I don't care
I'll never forget him, the leader of the pack
A few teardrops hit the page. Misty left the room.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh! Stab us in the heart... You've been taking lessons from Lisa? And with such a great groovy song like "Leader Of The Pack"...
More please!

Also... Liked the interaction between Misty and Dimentio.
Again... More please!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Oh I LOVE the song "Leader of the Pack"! (Okay, yes mostly because they used it in Happy Feet. :stick_out_tongue:) Great choice, and great chapter! :big_grin:

ZootyCutie

Reaction score
Part 8

Misty's heart was in two. She thought she found her love. She felt used.

"I thought he was the one! He was just using me!" Misty said, then burst into tears, while Kermit, Fozzie, and The Electric Mayhem looked on.
"Girl's got a case of the blues." Floyd said.
"Fer sure." Janice agreed.
"What caused her to be like this?" Kermit asked?
"No idea. All I know is that she got a CD, a t-shirt, and once we got on the bus, it was a meltdown." Kikit commented.
"What exactly was on that shirt?" Dr. Teeth asked.
"No clue. She stormed into the room before I got a chance to see it." Kikit said.
"We should leave her alone for a while." Kermit said, and they left.

Misty stayed in her room most of the time. She turned down anything fun, which included watching High School Musical with Gonzo and Rizzo, enjoying the hot tub with the Electric Mayhem, and playing video games with Pepe and Clifford. She only did come down for dinner, where she was given a seat easily, which was in the middle of Dr. Teeth and Fozzie.

"Hey! We missed you!" Fozzie happily said.
"Yeah. Hey." Misty glumly said.

Dinner that night was fried chicken with mac and cheese. Misty only ate a few bites of her food, and left early.

"I'm not all that hungry." She half-said to herself, and left, to which Dr. Teeth took the rest of her food.
"That explains why you're so fat." Nurse Tounges said from across the table.
"If we weren't dating, I'd slap you." Dr. Teeth said with his mouth half full

Misty ended up back on the computer, clicking on the same HomestarRunner.com website.

"Maybe the internet will calm my nerves." She said, as she entered the site.

She ended up watching some cartoons. One of them dealed with a coach failing to say the word 'job'. Another one had the no armed character swallow a fly. This was all fun, until she clicked on a Halloween toon, which had a strange yellow creature catch the hiccups. It was all fine until midway in the cartoon. A fat character, with feet that looked like they belonged to an elephant was reciting Halloween haikus. It was all fine, except when she saw the costume. What made it so bad? It was David Bowie. With tears streaming, she ran out of the room, and Gonzo came in.

"What's so bad about that? His jokes aren't that bad. They're better than Fozzie's." Gonzo said, oblivious to the fact that she didn't even see that scene.

Misty ran to the room, sobbing.

"Why can't I live a normal life, without my unhappiness coming to haunt me?" Misty screamed into her pillow. She didn't want to be bothered, so she put on her pajamas and went to bed early that night.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oooooh! *Feels pain in heart. *Cannot comment more... More please!

ZootyCutie

Reaction score
Part 9

Misty seemed to be floating in mid-space. She was dreaming.

"What's going on? How am I floating?" She thought, though it sounded like she was talking. A faint veiw of another Muppet was there, but she couldn't make out any features. She heard it say something.

"Misty, you were brought here for a reason..." It said, then vanished.
"What? What reason?" Misty called out, into nowhere.

Misty sprung up in bed, and was awaken all the way by some music. The alarm didn't go off. Fozzie decided not to set it that night. She got up, and the music was being sung by The Electric Mayhem. She couldn't make out the song, she could just here it.

"Oh girl, when I'm in love with you
Keep fishin' if you feel it's true
There's nothin' much that we can do
To save you from yourself." Is what she heard.

Misty just left the band to do their thing. She was the first into the bathroom that time. She simply did nothing fancy with herself, and headed downstairs to the dining room. She just took a seat next to Digit and Leon, got some waffles, and ate them without uttering a single word, then went to Fozzie's room to get changed. Without a care, she put on a jean skirt, and without noticing, put on the Dimentio shirt.

"Neat shirt!" Fozzie said, as he passed her.
"That's rully groovy, girl!" Janice called.
"Stellar shirt!" Bunsen commented.
"Ooh, I like that shirt! It's so cute!" Bean squealed.
"That shirt makes jou look so sexy, okay?" Pepe crooned.

Misty didn't hear all the comments. Her face was in a dull stare, her eyes spiraling, and the shirt was no longer happily smiling, but what now looked like a face of pure evil.