1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Wizard of Oz performers

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Gonzo14, Jul 27, 2005.

1. Gonzo14

Gonzo14 Well-Known Member

does anybody know the names of the Flying Monkeys and who performed them. (I also noticed that most of them were Pirates in MTI, also who performed camilla and foo foo

2. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

the flying monkeys names

here are the names of the flying monkeys and their performers:

Angel Marie-performed by John Kennedy
    Sweetums-performed by John henson
    Old Tom-unknown
    Real Old Tom-unknown
    Crazy Harry-performed by Rickey Boyd
    Spotted Dick-unknown
    Black Dog-unknown
    Aretha-unknown
    Sal manillia-performed by Brian Henson

There was also a purple guy with a tall head that i don't know the name or performer of.

Foo Foo and camillia were both performed by Alice Dennon Vernon. Steve Whitmire had originally performed Foo Foo, and jerry nelson originally performed camillia.

3. pppapazo

pppapazo New Member

Were both Old Tom and Real Old Tom in Oz? I was pretty sure there was only one Tom in it, but I couldn't figure out which one it was.

4. Gonzo14

thanks

5. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Here are a couple of other questions I want to know.

Who performed Sam the Eagle?

Since Brian didn't play Scooter (or so I hear) who was it?

Is the Black Dog similar to the Puppet they used for Mad Dog in Dog City (if he was in the special)?

6. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Eric Jacopson.

Rickey Boyd.

No. Black Dog was in Muppet treasure island.

7. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I knew he was from MTI, but I wonder if that puppet they used as Mad Dog before... it looks similar enough to the animated one. I forget the live action special....

8. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

9. Gonzo14

I didn't think Kevin Clash did Clifford in this one.

10. Harvey Towers

Harvey Towers Active Member

It says he dubbed the voice but was never actually on set:

11. Gonzo14

oh, I see

12. Xerus

Xerus Well-Known Member

I've noticed that in the openning. Steve, Dave, Bill, and Eric were shown as the main Muppeteers. While the rest were shown at the end as secondary Muppeteers. I guess the first four Muppeteers got top billing because they voiced the main characters. Kermit, Fozzie, Piggy, Gonzo, and Pepe.

13. Gonzo14

it was like that in Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie too

14. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Drew Massey as Spotted Dick... sweet!

For those of you who might be interested, Drew Massey performed Count Blah on Greg the Bunny, as well as several other characters on the short-lived series.

15. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

That and they are the principle Muppeteer staff. Just like how it was always Jim Henson, Frank Oz, Jerry Nelson, Dave Goelz and Richard Hunt as "top billing"

16. tinweirdo

tinweirdo New Member

Big Muppet Oz News!!!

YES! I just saw the muppets on Mike's supershort show on the disney channel. They were promoting the Muppet's Wizard of Oz on DVD, Kermit, Piggy and Pepe were on, looks good can't wait!!! I'll be buying that and the first season of the Muppet show when it comes out!!! Got to jet, Wocka Wocka!!! :) :mad: :rolleyes:

17. Gonzo14

I haven't seen that yet, I think Mike's Super Short Show is annoying, they show the same clip over and over for about a month before they show I new one. :p

18. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Thats what they do. Think of it as a regular commercial or trailer on tv. That is basically all it it. They aren't going to do a new one until something new is released.