1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Wizard of Oz video clips

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by scarecroe, May 3, 2005.

1. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

Hi all,

As you know, the new movie will be airing in just over two weeks in the United States. The ratings need to do well, so I'm sure you'd all agree that getting the word out to those who are able to tune in, is pretty helpful. Disney's a marketing machine not to be reckoned with (I expect to see a decent push over the next couple of weeks in addition to the already great coverage the Muppets have been getting), but it never hurts to lend an extra hand.

That said, I've put together all the video clips that have been made available to us so far at the following page:

http://mfiles.scarecroe.com/oz/

Please feel free to share this with anyone and everyone via email, blogs, journals and other forums you may frequent. Wikipedia, Tough Pigs and the IMDb already have links, so I hope the airdate will get some exposure through those venues.

I've been visting various Ashanti and Wizard of Oz fan forums all over the web, and I can tell you that Muppet fans are not the only group genuinely excited for this. With any luck, I'd love for more groups to fall in line and tune in on May 20th.

Take care!
  2. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

Oh! PS: If anyone knows how I can get my hands on the "By the Book" episode of Muppet Babies, I'd be greatful. I'd love to share a clip of the Oz material from that episode. I can be reached at croe |at| scarecroe.com (or I think you can email me through the forum).
  3. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

Is your e-mail working? ;)
  4. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

Wow, that's spectacular. That 1981 clip is solid gold!
  5. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Active Member

That 1981 clip of Muppets Go To The Movies was great! Janice had me laughing. I miss Richard's and Jim's characters.......

ryan
  6. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

You can say that again.

Can anyone going to get an Mp3 version of this for us?
  7. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

You know, it's funny you mention that, because when I saw it (after watching all the new promotional stuff) it made me so happy to see the originals (Frank too) and yet so sad at the same time. I can't wait to see this new MWoO, I'm hoping some old magic is there.
  8. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Active Member

I also liked the ending to the Wizard of Oz song where they reprised what they sang in the Brooke Shields episode.

ryan
  9. christyb

christyb New Member

Wow! This is great. Thanks for sharing with us Scarecroe. I loved the classic clip and all the others.
  10. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

I don't have the RealPlayer so I can't watch those clips. Is there a way to get them in another format, or will/ should I download that player to watch them? :smirk:
  11. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

Good call, Scott ol' pal! I'm gonna start throwing info out, too!
  12. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

Glad everyone's enjoying the clips. I've added two more to the batch just now, so check em out.

And don't forget to distribute the link and tell everyone to watch!
  13. Harvey Towers

Harvey Towers Active Member

Love the "Muppets Go To The Movies" Clip.

I've mentioned this before, but for completions sake maybe you should get the clip of Fozzie as the Tin Woodsman from TMS in the Brooke Shields Episode.
  14. bobhopesite

bobhopesite Active Member

Those are pretty cool!
  15. DanDanStrawberry

DanDanStrawberry Active Member

16. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

I just updated the page with four new videos: two music videos, a third generic promo spot and the scene from the AFV appearance.

Plus, there are five press soundbytes in MP3 format you can check out.

And don't forget to spam everyone you know with this link!

http://mfiles.scarecroe.com/oz/
  17. Fozzie Bear

'Croe, you ROCK!!!
  18. Fozzie Bear

Scott, thank you for getting all this together!

I've always been proud to know I sat by you at Live TMS, because you help push 'em along!

I'm sending out mass email reminders to all my friends, etc, tonight and including your link!
  19. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

I love this. I have to wait to do them at home because I'm over at my sisters but I'm going to download the new ones you've put up. This is awsome work 'Croe! Thanks for all of the videos.
  20. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Is anyone going to try to get the whole music version on the internet? I would love the "When I'm with you."