Woo Hoo!

CherryPizza

Reaction score
It was a slow and lousy day yesterday, and I was tempted to punish anybody I came into contact with for having the nerve to breathe the same air and walk the same earth as I... then I got to the post office, and one of the Fisher Price Stick Puppets was waiting for me!

I bought the darn thing on eBay in the middle of last year, and it never arrived, until yesterday, and well, I shoulda been irked that it took forever to get to me, but the timing was just right!

So in addition to the Scooter I received yesterday (on its original card), I have Gonzo (also on his card), and Kermit, Fozzie, Rowlf and Miss Piggy (in the box set with the four of them). Sigh... if only I could find an Animal to make the set complete.

In these days of Muppet collecting being dominated by the oh-so-detailed Palisades figures and playsets, it may almost seem embarrassing that somebody could get so excited about these twenty-year-old simple and (in retrospect) almost tacky Muppet likenesses, but man o man I was happy!

Cherry "Animal... Come Back Animal" Pizza
(which of the movie soundtracks was that a track on? TMM I think, but I forget)

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by CherryPizza
In these days of Muppet collecting being dominated by the oh-so-detailed Palisades figures and playsets, it may almost seem embarrassing that somebody could get so excited about these twenty-year-old simple and (in retrospect) almost tacky Muppet likenesses, but man o man I was happy!
I can understand! I actually share your same sentiments...as much as I dig the new figures by Palisades, IMHO the 1978 FP Muppet figures are the best **** Muppet merch ever!
Personally I think some of those capture the likenesses better than some recent sculpts(*cough* Scooter *cough*)

CherryPizza

Reaction score
Re: Re: Woo Hoo!

Originally posted by beaker
I can understand! I actually share your same sentiments...as much as I dig the new figures by Palisades, IMHO the 1978 FP Muppet figures are the best **** Muppet merch ever!
Personally I think some of those capture the likenesses better than some recent sculpts(*cough* Scooter *cough*)
And the simplicity is, well, a good thing when you consider that you weren't in danger of having tacky 'variations' produced for the sake of selling another toy (*cough* TuxedoBunsenAndBeaker *cough*)

btw, isn't Scooter purportedly the hardest of this series to get hold of? I got him before I've found Animal, but...

Cherry "only a furball from Animal will cause heavier coughing" Pizza

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Oh my gosh, i too think that the stick puppets are ''some" of the best muppet stuff ever made! i have them all, but when i was young i got handme downs of kermit and rowlf one's, i lost the kermit one at an early age and maybe about five years ago somehow lost rowlf, ever since i got a computer and found MC, i have them all now! kermit,piggy and fozzie are on cards, and animal,gonzo,rowlf and scooter i bought open, scooters the only one without a stick.

i have wanted to open kermit,piggy, and fozzie, but i haven't got the heart to give them fresh air, they have been in the package for 20 years or so, and the packaging looks neat.

I think for that long ago the stick puppets seem to be really cool toys a head of there time. some sculpts like rowlf need some work though so it's good that they are holding off on reg Rowlf, there is something not right about the eyes on that tux one, maybe it's just because i haven't seen it other then on-line pics but i feel i'll really be able to tell once i can look at both the stick puppet and figure of rowlf.

one thing that bothers me about the stick puppet scooter is that his shoes are all white.

zack