Woo Hooooo!

superfan

Reaction score
Just thought I'd mention this because it's so awesome to me!
I'm a big girl, okay? No excuses...5 foot 9 and well, into the 200's shall we say as far as pounds go. I like-a da food!
ANYWAY!
I've lost 10 pounds in three weeks!!
Starting weight: 265lbs ( :eek: )
Current weight:255lbs
Goal:165

Wish me luck, I have a loooooooong way to go.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Congratulations, superfan. Keep it up! (er, I mean, down!) :smile:
And let me ask the question everyone seems to ask when someone loses weight -> Are you doing a diet plan, such as Weight Watchers or Atkins, or are you just cutting back calories on your own?
I've had a long up and down battle with weight. Currently I need to shed some pounds again but haven't been successful.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Hey, a good start! Congrats. I'm sure you'll be able to get to your goal. :big_grin: Every little bit makes a huge difference.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Heh heh I see I just pulled a Ziffel on Mrs. Pepper. Been a few days since I've done one of those. :big_grin:

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
I'm underweight for my age
I've just turned 13 in July and this is my weight:
84 lbs!!

:eek: I'm underweight big time!

superfan

Reaction score
Ziffel:
Thanks for the support! Would you believe I'm on Richard Simmons Deal-A-Meal!!? It's a combination of that and 35 minutes of walking at a fast pace (part of it's uphill, too!!)everyday, and working at a daycare where snacking is at SPECIFIC times of the day and portions are limited. It's so hard to be motivated at times...I guess being thirty, it's just like, omigod, Amy, it's now or never.

Mrs.Pepper:
Thanks for your support too! I'll keep ya'll posted!

AnythingMuppet:
Underweight. *sigh* you poor dear. :rolleyes:
Seriously, though, :wink: , are you healthy despite that? Hope so! Enjoy the junk while you still have the metabolism!

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
Oh, yeah tip top shape! I am just skinny, that's all. ( I eat junk all the time, but I never gain weight that much! )

Ziffel

Reaction score
superfan said:
Ziffel:
Would you believe I'm on Richard Simmons Deal-A-Meal!!?
Hey that's great. I remember when that came out in the late 80's or so and have heard it mentioned once in a while in recent years. I never tried it but have heard it's pretty good. A lot of the plans have their good points. One I did well with once was Nutri System. The nice thing about that is all the meals are ordered from them in advance (and a big variety of meals, some pretty tasty) so it makes it an easy plan to follow (other than when the body wants some additional food to eat, of course!). I see now that Nutri System offers food to be purchased online and it will be delivered to your door. That might be something I'll do if I continue to struggle in getting back to my ideal weight. Having it delivered without having to drive to the nearest Nutri System location is pretty convenient. Of course the main drawback with this plan, like a lot of plans, is once the weight is off then you are through with the food and have to try and KEEP it off again. And weight maintenence is often a bigger challenge than weight loss!

superfan

Reaction score
The thing with food is that it's not like you can completely give it up like drugs or alcohol. You NEED food to live. Portion control is tricky. I'm big boned too...nothing dainty about me at all. Big shoulders! Big hands and feet...so not only am I overweight, I've got a large frame. Thank goodness I'm relatively proportionate.
My mom's on weight watchers and has lost the same amount of weight as me.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Now if only I could lose weight without having to live on one waffle and a 1/3 cup of mac-n-cheese a day.