1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Working with Feathers??

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by Enginerd, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Enginerd

Enginerd Member

I am working on my first puppet and he is going to need some feathers. Are there any tips or tricks for applying feathers? Or am I better off avoiding them?
  2. Colbynfriends

Colbynfriends Active Member

I dunno if it's recomended but when i used feathers for one of my puppets, i used hot glue....and i use hotglue for everything. Tbey stick rather well on their own just don't yank on em or they will come off.
  3. propologist

propologist Member

Hi Enginerd,
    Some sew them in and some glue them. It just depends on the puppet and the type of feathers you are using. Some small feathers come on a strand that make them easy to sew on, But larger feathers are generally singles and can be sewn on. But when you are working with feathers it is best to work backwards on the feather pattern you what to get. (and remember to cross the seams of the feathers.)

Mike