Worried about going into high school...

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
Do any of you guys have helpful tips for high school? I'm going into 10th grade and I'm very nervous. I don't have any classes with anyone in my neighborhood, and there are only 9 kids from middle school going to school with me and I don't have any with them either... Help?

mo

Reaction score
you don't need to worry! try to think of the advantages! try to get to know the people in your class! if they think your weird and quiet like everyone in my class thought i was...well try to prove them wrong. Or create a label for yourself. I would label myself as a rebel and music lover. sorry I'm not the best advice giver. good luck for you!

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
you don't need to worry! try to think of the advantages! try to get to know the people in your class! if they think your weird and quiet like everyone in my class thought i was...well try to prove them wrong. Or create a label for yourself. I would label myself as a rebel and music lover. sorry I'm not the best advice giver. good luck for you!
Daww, thanks! What would I classify as for a label? my guyfriend said I'm a very sweet and loveable person who has talent and should fit in fine, but I'm still a little nervous..

mo

Reaction score
Daww, thanks! What would I classify as for a label? my guyfriend said I'm a very sweet and loveable person who has talent and should fit in fine, but I'm still a little nervous..
I'm guessing your a good singer!
i'm ok I guess...maybe if there's a school play then you should audition!
I tried out this year and got in! and non of the girls from my old school got in!~ I'm not bragging!
you seem like the nice girl, but not so perfect that your a mary sue! you seem like the kind of person I'd want to be friends with! which we technically are but we havent met yet!

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
Haha, yes I'm actually in theater 1 in the spring so that should work! Thank you, yes we should meet one day. I'm also going to try out for shotput. Congradulations on getting in!!

Reactions: mo

mo

Reaction score
Haha, yes I'm actually in theater 1 in the spring so that should work! Thank you, yes we should meet one day. I'm also going to try out for shotput. Congradulations on getting in!!
thanks! but my feelings were crushed after I did'nt get into another play.
I felt sad for a while...so I browseed the web and found the muppets... havent felt bad about it ever since!

newsmanfan

Reaction score
------------
Shotput, holy cow Figgie... *ducking*

High school is just more of the same cliques from middle school. Ignore them all and be who you are...you will draw out like-minded people that way, moreso than if you try hard to fit in. Grow thick skin and believe in yourself, and you'll do fine! Have fun in drama...I enjoyed those classes so much I became a techie through college and some pro work, and might go back to it someday in the right environment.

Remember, anyone who pressures you into doing something that's not your thing isn't a friend. I hung out with the freaks and geeks and druggies and not once did they make me feel uncool for not tripping every day. Find your peeps and stick to 'em!
----------------

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
As cliche and as stupid as this may sound just be yourself. And that really is probably my best advice. Don't let anyone try to tell you to be something else. You will make lots of friends and even probably run into people who aren't so nice but that's just life unfortunately. But just ignore it. I found high school to be a lot better for me personally then middle school. I hated middle school and couldn't wait to get out. Lol! Try to find clubs or sports that interest you that's a great away to meet people who not only have the same thing in common as you but it's a great way to strike conversations with people. :smile:

All in all you will be fine. And it goes by fast too! I hope you have a great school year. :wisdom:

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
Thanks Newsie! yes, shotput. I accidently discovered I have a good arm. *Cough* I am going to try to be myself, it can be difficult sometimes however. I plan on auditioning for the Pajama game this year, I love comedy. hehe. I will stick to me friends, yes sir. *Mock salute* :smile:

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
As cliche and as stupid as this may sound just be yourself. And that really is probably my best advice. Don't let anyone try to tell you to be something else. You will make lots of friends and even probably run into people who aren't so nice but that's just life unfortunately. But just ignore it. I found high school to be a lot better for me personally then middle school. I hated middle school and couldn't wait to get out. Lol!

All in all you will be fine. And it goes by fast too! I hope you have a great school year. :wisdom:
Thanks! it may be cliche, but it's also very true! I already ran into some snooty girls who didn't like me because of my build, but my mom said what they may have in size and design, I have in beauty. So, I feel a little bit better.