Worried about going into high school...

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Don't share your GPA with anyone. Its an easy way to lose friends

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Grade Point Average

A lot of high schools have a GPA system just like in college. It really doesn't mean a whole lot in the long run, but having a lower GPA than someone else is something that makes a lot of friends stoop talking to each other. I had a friend who stopped talking to me because of that, among other things :/

mo

Reaction score
I'm one of the smartest kids in my class...but evryone thinks I'm mentally challenged because:
1. I apparently nevr talk
2. when I am talking it's probably a question
3. everyone in my class is an ignorant jerk!
I love everyone >=)

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
Well, this is how my day went: Fot on bus, found first period, enjoyed teacher. Tried to find second period, epic fail. Loved my history teacher she is AMAZING! Went to lunch, waited half an hour to get food. Butt touches the seat right when the bell rings. Didn't eat. Made it to math class, not too horrible. Found Health class, teacher gave me head ache, but nice enough. Tomorrow my fun day begins!!!

mupcollector1

Reaction score
It's been 5 years since I graduated High School so yes, I'd give you some advice. It's a huge world outside high school. Good people can come from anywhere. Be yourself and don't let anyone change who you are or what you like in life. Think positive. And stand up for yourself if something makes you feel uncomfortable, go to the teachers, the princable, talk it out. You deserve to feel comfortable when getting a proper education. Good Luck :smile:

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I just left High School, and I really can't think of anything to add that hasn't already been said. Just be yourself. Ignore the cliques, gossip, drama, etc. And I do agree that throughout High School, you'll find out way more about yourself than you ever thought possible. You'll get used to the new surrounding pretty quickly, and I'm sure you'll make new friends. I would suggest joining clubs/groups that you might be interested in. You'll probably find a lot of kids with similar interests as you. I wouldn't worry about things like not being popular, not falling in love, etc.. You've got your whole life ahead of you. First days are always at least somewhat rough, but tomorrow's going to be much better! Good luck. And to quote mupcollector1, "no matter what anyone says, don't let anyoe change who you are". You're going to be fine! :smile: