1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Worried about going into high school...

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by bouncingbabyfig, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I didn't enjoy high school that much however it was much better then middle school. I felt so awkward in middle school. I went through some really rough patches. Most are too private for me to say but I was the only Asian in my classes and people always looked at me funny or so that's how it felt.

High school was much better for me. I made better friends and had a better outlook.
  2. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

I kind of relate to that. Late middle school and early high school were rough periods for me. I sort of had a tough time making friends, mostly because I was going through the "what are people thinking of me?" phase. I've learned to ignore those thoughts, because they're just going to hold you back from experiencing new things, and meeting some really interesting, great people. I'm still somewhat shy, but I'd say I'm better than I was as an awkward teenager.
    muppetfan24/7 and Pinkflower7783 like this.
  3. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Oh yeah now I don't give two sense what people think of me. My theory is if your a true friend of mine you'll accept me for who I am. Sounds cliche but oh so true.
    muppetfan24/7 and Mo Frackle like this.
  4. mo

mo Well-Known Member

I'm being home schooled at the minute until I get in to my new school! I'm excited!
  5. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

I'm homeschooled during the 2nd and 3rd year of junior high.
  6. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

Tomorrow is the start of school hours from 7 am to 7:30 pm. That's quite tiring…
  7. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

WHAT? Please tell me you get more than two days of weekend! THAT IS NUTS! :eek:
    miss kermie likes this.
  8. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

Do what I do sis, act how you wanna, give bullies the lip, and screw people who put you down! I go to highschool after this year. I gotta go to a school of suicides...
    But we'll both be fine!
  9. misspiggy5260

misspiggy5260 Well-Known Member

Since we're already talking about worrying about school I don't wanna start a new thread for it but I'm worried about going into middle school. People make fun of me alot because I have a DEEP southern accent and I moved to sort of a rich neighborhood and I don't get dressed up like they do around here.
  10. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

Well, I don't think you have to worry about that.
    If it helps, at my old school, they LOVED people with accents.
    They seemed to make the most friends.
    As for clothing, that just expresses your individuality.
    I don't think you have anything to worry about.
    misspiggy5260 likes this.
  11. KissesToKermie

KissesToKermie Well-Known Member

Well, it looks as if we are in the same boat! I'm going to be starting 9th grade next year, but I wouldn't say I'm "nervous". It's more of an "Is anyone going to like me?" kind of feeling. I don't have a fear of all the homework and stuff because I some what enjoy it. (Crazy, huh?). But the best thing I can think of that I am gonna try to do is stay calm, and not go all out of my way to make friends. Try letting people come to you every once in a while. That's how you get true friends!

I just hope I am not the shortest girl in school...
    mo likes this.
  12. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

My first day of High School I sat down in math class, turned to the person next to me, we both kinda smiled at the same time and just said hi. We ended up good friends for four years. Sometimes it's just that simple. Just smile and act approachable. :)

Actually I think the shortest girl in my class was one of the popular kids, lol. It's short boys who tend to have that problem more.
  13. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

Well, you got a lot of good advice, hope it serves you well. Before too long you may go to college, and it'll be the same thing. Then starting a job, maybe get married, life will be full of "first times", which might mean breaking out of your comfort zone, meeting new people, getting used to new surroundings, etc. But stay true to yourself, and the next "first time" won't be so hard.
  14. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Join clubs, same will go for college. You'll be surrounded by like-minded people with the same interests. That's where virtually all my friends in high school (and now college) came from.
  15. mo

mo Well-Known Member

OK, just don't mess stuff up and you'll be fine. Don't be the quiet loner and don't be the brash weirdo. Try to be yourself, don't be afraid to be yourself. Keep by people you know, or go to people who are easy to approach. Since your into acting, audition for the school play if they have one, you'll meet people who you can connect with. Don't be too anything. Unless you are too anything, than be that too anything, and you'll meet other people who are that too anything too. Don't freak out, don't slack off, don't do drugs. And being short isn't bad, you could be ugly. I'm a little tired...does it show? Good luck :)
  16. Weirdo96

Weirdo96 Member

Starting this Wednesday, I'll become a senior in high school. I have to admit, I'm a little nervous about going back. Every year, I get the same anxieties while I'm at school. I often worry about failing my classes and it's the only place where I feel like I have to hide my love for the Muppets. And since I'm only a year away from graduating, there's all the pressure about what I'm gonna do after high school.

And for anyone wondering, no, I don't know why I have to go back to school on a Wednesday.
  17. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I think you should try to not hide you love for the Muppets as much as maybe before. The reason for that is the newest movie was such a hit for not just kids but people of many different ages. So I would use that to your advantage, but I would start out with something very small may a Muppet pin, or key chain. See how everyone acts about that, then if you get a positive reaction let your love show a little bit more.
    As far as you failing your classes your on your own there once I graduated I forgot everything I ever learned.
    heralde likes this.
  18. misspiggy5260

misspiggy5260 Well-Known Member

Today's my first day back and I'm going to into Middle school. Its only for an hour cuz I have some sort of band meeting/Band practice but I'm nervous. Can y'all give me some tips?
  19. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

The only advice I can give is don't worry. Everyone gets nervous on their first day at a new place.
  20. Weirdo96

Weirdo96 Member

Well, this is it. Tomorrow's the first day I become a senior.

Gulp.
    dwayne1115 likes this.