1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Worst/creepiest puppets/puppeteer work

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mr3urious, Dec 10, 2010.

1. WereFox

WereFox Active Member

I will have nightmares of that little girl puppet ripping me apart with those teeth.

2. WereFox

WereFox Active Member

No! I will not do the propeller! Nope, nope, nope!

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  3. WereFox

WereFox Active Member

Uggh! Creepy. Imagine her in ur room at night singig this! Makes my ears bleed!

4. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Here's some really bad puppeteer work from a Japanese VHS that's either about how to get high scores in video games or just providing commercials for them...I dunno.

And it sucks because that Puppet is pretty awesome. In the hands of a skilled professional, it would have been quite impressive.

5. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

It looks like if Max from GOOF TROOP was bitten by a vampire.

6. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

I'd say he looks more like Aero the Acro-Bat or that Larry Miller-voiced bat from Foodfight.

7. Drtooth

Somehow, I think he looks like a character straight out of the 1979 Filmation Mighty Mouse show. Mixed ever so slightly with a Whimzey's House puppet.

Still, awesome puppet, terrible puppeteering, expected bad Japanese 1980's studio effects.

8. WereFox

WereFox Active Member

I love that bat puppet! It looks like a bat version of Mickey Mouse! It looks so cute! Can I keep him?

9. WereFox

WereFox Active Member

Yaaaaah! :eek:

VentSenpai and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  10. VentSenpai

VentSenpai New Member

Some wierd creepy puppets :p
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. WereFox

WereFox Active Member

Woah! 0_0 Btw, welcome to Muppet Central!

12. Drtooth

Here's a very "So Bad it's Good" example

13. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

I don't know if I should laugh or be scared. It looks like the bear is running a sweat shop.

It kind of reminds me of this:

MikaelaMuppet and Mo Frackle like this.
  14. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Looks like the Cookie Bear became more of a psychopath over time.

An Independence Day parody:

15. Drtooth

Here's one for the "Creepy" file. A Japanese ad from 84 with giant eyes closed puppet food piling into a giant fridge. And Tom and Jerry are there for some reason.

Yup.

16. D'Snowth

Somehow, that doesn't bother me in the least. In fact, it looks like if Sid & Marty Krofft were trying to give their full-bodied characters more of a Muppety vibe . . . but then again, we all know how that turned out when they created Mr. Munchy (who now has, surprisingly, become something of a Krofft Ensemble Darkhorse):

17. Drtooth

Maybe it's just me then. It must be because of the grainy, dark looking footage. It's like there's some weird law that everything back then in foreign countries had to look as grainy as possible. Still, if the commercial was trying to be cute, it's not really, and ads a level of uncomfortably strangeness to the concept. Had these been smaller puppets, maybe.

Then again, that Japanese Flintstones commercial where they're animated poorly that I showed a while back creeped me the heck out when I saw them earlier this year. Then again, it was on a big screen in a darkened room at like 11:00 at night. Rest assured I didn't sleep easily that night.

18. D'Snowth

Back to Mr. Munchy, puppeteer Van Snowden provided somebody with some bloopers from Barbara Mandrell's variety show, and I have to say, I'm very certain this will only end up being fetish fuel for some sickies out there:

MikaelaMuppet and Zappetman like this.
  19. Drtooth

For the most part, I can totally take Spitting Image's uncanny valley puppets, but this Cher parody manages to get kinda disturbing near the end with an effect to make her look like her face is being stretched out. And yes, the son'g about her getting plastic surgery.

Huh.

Didn't realize it was the thumbnail too.

20. D'Snowth

I . . . I actually don't know what made me think of this again, but . . . :sigh:

So, almost ten years ago, I found this Film School 101 production on YouTube called WONDERBANG ISLAND. Now, this was supposed to be an homage to H.R. PUFNSTUF, with a "what-if" scenario involving Jimmy having grown up on the island and becoming fed up with all of the zaniness around him. Now . . . ehh . . . the characters and the suits and all are actually rather well-done for a no-budget film school project, and the scenery and everything is very much Krofft-like, so I give it A for effort for that . . . but the story . . . the story is just so . . . it's so disturbing and kind of dark, that it makes the whole film seem all the more creepy when factoring the Krofft-like atmosphere into the equation, which somehow doesn't even help the story.

So, if you think you can stomach it, here it is - and IMHO, part 1 starts off okay, parts 2 and 3 get darker and more disturbing, and part 4 is just downright depressing. Oh, and caution: there's a couple of racist caricature characters, a strongly implied rape scene, a tries-to-be-graphic depiction of a diseased baby dying, and defacation. . . . All wrapped in a Krofft homage:

MikaelaMuppet and Zappetman like this.