1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Worst/creepiest puppets/puppeteer work

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mr3urious, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Wow... that was... um.... interesting. Creative, certainly. Not to mention dark. As someone who has majored in this area, I wouldn't say that I would call this Film 101 quality - it's better than that, honestly.

2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I wasn't saying the quality is Film 101, I'm saying that this really was this guy's film school project (I think there's information about that during the end titles).

MikaelaMuppet and Zappetman like this.
  3. VentSenpai

VentSenpai New Member

Well I won't be sleeping tonight...

4. Luke kun

Luke kun Well-Known Member

5. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Reminiscent of Bobby Benson's babies, only more grotesque and disturbing than humorous and entertaining.

MikaelaMuppet and muppetgem like this.
  6. D'Snowth

Once again, this is an example that I would say A for effort, but the combination of poor performance and low quality video kind of makes it worse than it is. That, and whoever did this is calling this "Muppets."

7. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

Now here's something I'm curious about. There was an old French children's block that aired in the '80s called Zappe! Zappeur. It was essentially about a lazy dog with an short attention span who has a habit of rapidly channel surfing, eventually causing it to explode in a Muppety fashion. It was a beloved show to many people in France who grew up in that period, so much so that no one has bothered to upload any taped footage yet. :confused:

But the theme song does exist in album form.

http://lostmediawiki.com/Zappe!_Zappeur_(lost_French_children's_puppet_show_block;_1987)

Zappetman and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  8. WereFox

WereFox Active Member

You know, in that case, I would actually eat it, as long as it doesn't scream in horror when I sink my teeth in... Oh wait, it's a wizard's hat.

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  9. ErinAardvark

ErinAardvark Well-Known Member

Some of this stuff makes me appreciate Nickelodeon's first show, "Pinwheel," a little more. Of course, your mileage may vary when it comes to the puppets and the puppetry used on it.

10. WereFox

WereFox Active Member

Here is a REAL horrifying Christian puppet. Meet Stephanie, if you dare...

Hideous, huh? The title says it all!

11. ErinAardvark

ErinAardvark Well-Known Member

This is obviously trying to cash in on the Cabbage Patch Kids craze, I'm sure.

MikaelaMuppet and muppetgem like this.
  12. muppetgem

muppetgem Well-Known Member

I... I don't even know what to say... I think I'm gonna have nightmares over this...

13. D'Snowth

Wow. As a puppeteer, this is almost offends me:

14. Zappetman

Zappetman New Member

Here are two god awful ones made by the same guy.

15. muppet maniac

muppet maniac Well-Known Member

Okay, seriously?

Whoever thought this was a brilliant idea ought to be spanked:

Somewhere after the 0:50 mark: I didn't know Cruella's parents were Delores Umbridge and Count von Count! :eek:

Zappetman and MikaelaMuppet like this.