1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Worst Movie Ever!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Winslow Leach, Jun 12, 2007.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

2. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

What does KGZ mean? Kathy Greenwood Zone?:confused:
  3. D'Snowth

4. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

5. D'Snowth

A'ight then/
  6. Winslow Leach

Winslow Leach Active Member

I've heard of a film called The Tony Blair Witch Project (ha-ha, what a clever title!) made in 2000. Here's the plot synopsis from imdb:

Told in documentary form, the film depicts a group of five British film critics and politicians who venture off into the West Virginian wilderness in search of the "Tony Blair Witch" which may or may not be related to British Prime Minister Tony Blair.

Um...okay...:rolleyes:

It's currently one of imdb's lowest-rated films.

It was co-written by the legendary Alan Smithee, which of course is a pseudonym for directors/writers who wish to have their names removed from the credits. Usually Alan Smithee is used when a film is taken from a director and re-edited/changed without his or her input. But in the case of this film, it may have been used out of embarrassment? Just a guess...
  7. Winslow Leach

From Late Night with Conan O'Brien, circa 1998. Conan is interviewing actress Courtney Thorne Smith (Melrose Place) about her latest film. Sitting next to her is the hilarious Norm Macdonald (who, along with Will Ferrell, were the two funniest members of SNL in the late 1990s IMO).

Conan (to Courtney): So what's the movie going to be called?

Norm: I know what it's going to be called!

Conan: Yeah? What's that?

Norm: If it's got Carrot Top in it, you know what a good name for it would be?

Conan: What's that, Norm?

Norm: Box Office Poison!

Courtney: I'm in it, too! Come on! What about my career?

Conan: She's in it! Courtney Thorne Smith, the girl sitting to your left, is in the movie!

Courtney: Chairman of the Board.

Norm: I bet the Board is spelled B-O-R-E-D!

Right on, Norm!

Chairman of the Board is the first (and so far only?) film in which wacky prop-comedian Carrot Top is the main attraction.

Mr. Top plays an inventor named Edison (har-har) who comes up juvenille inventions. He gets the break of his life when he inherits a gadget company. There. That's the plot. Oh, and hilarity ensues.:rolleyes:
  8. Winslow Leach

Here are some disappointing big-screen adaptations of classic TV shows.

The Honeymooners
    McHale's Navy
    Lost In Space (oh, the pain, the pain!)
    The Beverly Hillbillies
    The Flintstones (including Viva Rock Vegas)
    Car 54, Where Are You?
    Scooby-Doo (I thought the sequel was slightly better)
    Josie & the Pussycats
    Sgt. Bilko
    Bewitched (good cast/lousy "plot")
  9. anytimepally

anytimepally Active Member

I love the "From the Balcony" review Statler & Waldorf gave this: "Will Ferrell's next movie will be I Dream of Jeannie, in which he'll ask Jeannie to make Bewitched disappear..."

:sleep: :boo:
  10. Son of Enik

Son of Enik Member

Actually, Will Ferrell is starring in a comedy version of "Land Of The Lost" next year in which he will play Rick Marshall (the dad).
    It is indeed a dark time...
  11. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Sorry WL, but Norm McDonald was a huge lack of humor in my opinion, it took Colinn Quinn to restore the funny in SNL's Newsbreak segments for me to laugh at them again. The only bit of his I found good was the one where he's the lawyer for O.J., that nanny who shook the baby to death and the Oklahoma bombers.

But that aside...
    Beverly Hillbillies, I liked that one.
    Scooby-Doo, the first one bombed in many people's minds because it ruined continuity. Scrappy the mastermind villain? OK, that's a major wrong.
    Josie and the Pussycats, I actually rully liked this one. The ending was a bit cliche, but I thought they captured the spirit of the animated series quite truthfully.
  12. lael

lael New Member

~ That's too funny!
  13. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Heard the The Honeymooners was actually pretty funny! Agree with you about lost in apace and Scooby Doo. I think making Scrappy the villain was perfect.:D The Flintstones with thirty writers was a disaster, and the second one was better in my opinion. Josie is surprisingly good in my opinion. Yeah, Bewitched as lousy.
  14. abiraniriba

abiraniriba New Member

closing the club

I am now closing the Muppet Fan Turtle Club, due to realizing that if this club remains open someone way too young will figure out the vulgar answers to the riddles and then I will wind up in another dispute with the mods I think it will be my 4th one. So in the words of the most famous member of the original Turtle Club, Little Johnny,: " It's a pencil for Pete's sake, sheesh. What were you thinking?"
  15. The 11th UrRu

The 11th UrRu Member

Krull, is by far, the worst movie I have ever seen.
  16. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Active Member

I have to disagree with you. I hated, hated, and I hated Colin Quinn. He didn't do anything on the show except read the news and try to make jokes, for which they were horrible. That might be a reason why he was only on one segment during Saturday Night Live each weekend.

I loved Norm's dry sense of comedy. His career looked like it was peeking in the mid to late 90's, but not now. He's off some where with other ex SNL stars that didn't make it into big time.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. Battlefield Earth was horrible. Travolta, what were you thinking, or did scientology help make that movie descision for you?
  17. travellingpat

travellingpat Active Member

I liked Norm at lot more than Colin as well, but Norms career seems to have like fizzeled as of late
  18. Winslow Leach

Norm Macdonald was the only reason I watched SNL when he was a regular (well, Norm and Will Ferrell). Weekend Update was the highlight of the show for me. Even though Norm appeared in sketches, playing such celebrities as Clint Eastwood, Larry King, Burt Reynolds, Charles Kuralt, Slim Pickens, Bob Dole, and a HILARIOUS David Letterman ("hey, you got any gum?"), Norm's forte was clearly reading the "fake news" as he called it. In an interview while he was still on the show, Norm said he actually disliked appearing in sketches, and would have preferred doing only Update. Chevy Chase, the creator and original anchor, has said Norm was the best cast member by far to sit at the desk.

Norm had a great deadpan wit, and often used "Frank Stallone" as a nonsensical punchline, as in "scientists say global warming is at an all-time high, and will only get worse within the next five years. And we all know who to blame. You guessed it. Frank Stallone."

One time Norm had something caught in his throat. He coughed, and dropped the f-bomb, live, on air. "What the (blank) was that?"

Norm's prime target was O.J. Simpson. When Simpson was acquitted, Norm opened Update with "well, it's official: murder is legal in California."

It's rumored that Norm was kicked off Update (but not SNL) because of his constant jabs at O.J. Don Ohlmeyer, NBC's west coast president, was a friend of O.J.'s, and eventually got tired of the jokes. Ohlmeyer has denied this, claiming he took Norm off Update simply because he "wasn't funny."

The following week, Colin Quinn took over. What I didn't like about Quinn was that he would usually open Update doing a stand-up routine. He'd literally stand in front of the desk, and do a monologue, then say something like, "come on, let's do the news!" and THEN begin Update proper.

Norm stayed with SNL as a cast member for several more shows before leaving. He headlined two movies, and had a pretty successful sitcom for a while. He came back to host SNL later, and in his opening monologue said something to the effect that the show was lousy and unfunny.

I agree with the Count: one of Norm's funniest sketches was when he played lawyer Barry Scheck, who is trying to have a quiet night at home when he is visited by au pair Louise Woodward (host Claire Danes), O.J. Simpson, Ted Kaczynski and Terry Nichols.
  19. Winslow Leach

20. lael

lael New Member

~ There is a special place in my warm, red, gushy innerds for Krull. It's a childhood fave of mine. I have yet too see it again since childhood, but remember loving it. the old blind man always scurred me when his eyes turned black & he squeeled/shreeked while death took him. ew. :eek: *shivers & hairs stand on end*

"herba-erba wink, Erba-herba wink, Ahh-ahhhhh." troll comes to mind.