1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Worst Muppet Film

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Beauregard, Apr 21, 2004.

1. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I would go for KSY (obviously) followed by Muppet's From Space, VMC.

Thoughts?
  2. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

I'd say Kermit's Swamp Years. I did like it... a little... but, it's probably the worst Muppet movie.

I liked Muppets From Space and It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie a lot.
  3. Muppetsdownunder

Muppetsdownunder New Member

I agree with you beau, although muppets from space and its a very merry muppet christmas movie did have something about them. The older muppet movies are way better. I like The great muppet caper and Muppets take manhattan the most though.

Muppet Treasure Island and Muppet Christmas Carol werent like the older movies but they are still way better than kermits swamp years.
  4. BornBlue

BornBlue New Member

Why must everyone bash Muppets from Space?

I really liked that movie.

The BEST is by far the original Muppet Movie... so adult, yet suitable for children. It also had the best songs.

I am not a big fan of Muppet Treasure Island because I don't like when the Muppets play characters other than themselves, but I still like it and own it.

If we are going with non-theatrical releases, Muppet Classic Theater was pretty bad.
  5. Klonoa

Klonoa New Member

My least favorite is Kermit's Swamp Years, but I don't think it's THAT bad. The DVD extra with Joe the Armadillo is hilarious.

I also don't like The Great Muppet Caper that much. Just felt a bit slow to me. I also didn't like Muppet Treasure Island as much either.

Strangely enough, my favorite Muppet film is Muppet Christmas Carol. I also like the original Muppet Movie.

--Klonoa
  6. My least favorite is Muppets from Space! I didn't like it because it wasn't a musical. Like all the others, I love all the others mainly for the music, the movies would not be the same with out the music! My favorite would have to be Muppets take Manhattan! Best music by far :sing:
    Tyler
  7. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Personally, I feel that my least favorite is MCC... it's not Muppety at all... just...

well... let me put it this way. if I were to retitle it, it would be called "The Michael Cain Christmas Carol with the muppets" I'd say the same for MTI, but I feel that it has the Muppet wackiness spirit that was missing from MCC.

I really did like MFS, not as much as the older ones, and VMC was great.

Didn't get to see KSY though... been afraid too.... :p
  8. RockSTAR girl

RockSTAR girl Member

kermits swamp years and muppet classic theater...unless you mean a "real" movie then unfortunetly id have to say muppets from space, but i still like it
  9. dmx10101

dmx10101 Member

Kermit Swamp Years was the only Muppet movie I didn't like that much.
  10. Sir Didymus

Sir Didymus New Member

Kermit's Swamp Years is my least favorite. I thought it was pretty bad.

My favorites are The Great Muppet Caper, and The Muppet Christmas Carol.

Sir Didymus
  11. Pigpen

Pigpen New Member

Best muppet movies

So we're agreed. Kermits swamp years sucks.

Hensons have been responsable , in my humble opinion, for at least three of the greatest films of all time. The Muppet movie, Follow that bird and of course Labyrinth...

Go on, disagree with me... :)
  12. Beauregard

I disagree with you. :)
  13. rexcrk

rexcrk Active Member

My least favorite, like so many of you, is Kermit's Swamp Years (my favorite part was the Statler and Waldorf cameo). Although it's hard to say that I dislike any of the six "main" Muppet movies. I gotta say though that since I grew up w/ Muppet Christmas Carol, it's one of my favorites! Actually they're all so good, lol.

Oh, and honorable mention, I liked Muppet Classic Theater! I grew up with that one too. Same thing with the Muppet Sing-a-Long It's Not Easy Bein' Green. I never had anything else besides MCT, MCC, and the sing along. I was kind of Muppet deprived when I was little. And that's enough of my history, lmao. :p
  14. Yay! Criticizing! :attitude:
  15. teebs

teebs New Member

I agree that KSY was the worst. I didn't like VMC either.

But I love all the rest, with my favorites being The Muppet Movie, and MCC.
  16. Beauregard

Ahah, so ve are agreed then. KSY looses...

The only thing I like about KSY Mary's lines...

'...in rubber pants...'

'...see? Floppy ears...'

'Run doggy!'
  17. Gonzwella

Gonzwella New Member

Worst? Is that even possible? Okay, I'll admit it. It is.......Sigh. :( I haven't seen any Muppet stuff I didn't like. It was all good. Although I didn't really like that Muppet Baby stuff. Cute? Yes. Muppety? Not really. Long live Muppet Treazure Island. And MCC. Haven't seen KSY, too scared. Might ruin the whole Muppet Experience. That should be a movie. The Muppet Experience.
  18. Beauregard

Or a theme ride.
  19. janicegroupie

janicegroupie New Member

Another vote for KSY. That one was just missing something. I also wasn't a big fan of MFS but that mostly has to do with the fact that there was no songs. There still were some special muppety moments in it though so it wasn't that bad. The other movies I totally love especially the Muppet Movie. That is so the best movie of all times. :flirt:
  20. Gonzo the Grape

Gonzo the Grape New Member

:concern: Well, I didn't want to write anything because I didn't know what others thought but since it's the least liked I'll say this; I don't really count Kermit's Swamp Years as a Muppet movie. Sure it had Kermit, but none of our other favorite characters. I think the movies should have been in the theater in order to be in the running, that's just my opinion. And that being the case, I'd have to cast my vote for Muppet Treasure Island. Sorry, it's just boring. It can't hold my attention like the other ORIGINAL story ideas. The classic re-tellings just seem lazy. Although I HATE that they made Gonzo an alien in MFS, it gets credit for being an original story idea. The two retellings have great new music (well MCC does (Cabin Fever grinds my brain :boo: )) so if only they could have had some sort of high bred. Oh well.
    I think the Muppets are in need of a new surge of creativity.