1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Worst Muppet Film

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Beauregard, Apr 21, 2004.

1. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Active Member

i don't think disney will help them in that department either...disney has their own mess to figure out.

ryan
  2. HeraLirambar

HeraLirambar New Member

I vote for KSY for most not good. I especially didn't like the part where Scooter was needlessly killed at Helm's Deep, or the part where Gonzo shoots first.

Okay, I'll stopped being a geek. But I still didn't like it. Except the song they sang in the pet shop. That rocked.

And I honestly didn't like VMC, either. But I liked how Janice had a few lines.
  3. I know, do you remember that part where Elmo and Rowlf got in a bar fight and they shot the mirror, threw stools at each other and violent stuff? And it only got a G rating!

Yeah, the pet shop song was cool. That's the only part I watch on the DVD.
  4. Beebers

Beebers New Member

I never saw Swamp Years so can't give any opinion on that. It looks as if I haven't missed anything though. From favorite to least favorite, descending order, for me it would be:

Treasure Island
    Christmas Carol
    Muppet Caper
    Labyrinth
    Muppets Take Manhattan
    Dark Crystal
    The Muppet Movie
    Space
    VMMC

:cool:
  5. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Someone didn't much care for The Muppet Movie, I see.

Here's my list...

The Great Muppet Caper/The Muppet Movie (love 'em equally)
    Muppet Treasure Island
    The Dark Crystal
    Labyrinth
    It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie
    A Muppet Christmas Carol
    The Muppets Take Manhattan
    Muppets From Space
    Kermit's Swamp Years

Until Kermit's Swamp Years, those films are all very close together.
  6. HeraLirambar

HeraLirambar New Member

I wanna do a list too.

GMC/TMM
    MTM/MTI
    MFS (especially w/ commentary!)
    Labyrinth
    MCC
    VMC
    KSY

I'm not including Dark Crystal b/c I've only watched about half of it so far.
  7. SarahFraggle

SarahFraggle New Member

Here's my list...
    The Muppet Movie
    Dark Crystal
    Labyrinth
    Muppet Treasure Island
    Muppet Christmas Carol
    Muppets from Space
    Kermit's Swamp Years
    The Great Muppet Caper
    Muppets Take Manhattan
  8. Party_Animal

Party_Animal New Member

My list from most liked to least...
    Labyrinth
    Muppet Treasure Island
    Muppet Christmas Carol
    Muppets from Space
    The Muppet Movie
    Kermit's Swamp Years
    The Great Muppet Caper
    Muppets Take Manhattan
    Dark Crystal
    :zany:
  9. Infinity Sirius

Infinity Sirius New Member

*steps on soap box* How can you dislike the beloved Labyrinth which Jim Henson worked so hard on? *thinks* Davie Bowie was scary in that movie though. *shudders remembering first time saw him* :halo: :D
  10. dmx10101

dmx10101 Member

Ok my list

best is on top, worst is at bottom

IAVMMCM
    MFS
    MFC
    TMM
    MCC
    MTI
    MTM
    RMH
    TGMC
    KSY
  11. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Ksv

ok now you all can hate me but i love kermits Swamp years. I bought it this evnig and almost cried it touched my heart in a specal way. Somone said that it dint have our favorit muppets in therer, well did ya see the anamial key chain.The boys dog was named Rowlf and the part where i started to ball was when Kermit ran into a yong Jim Henson. that was wonderfull and i loved it.
    Steve did such a wonderfull job he was the one who in my opinon pulled that film toghter. i would but it on the top of my list. you all are just to picky with the muppets if you would stop being so critical and look for the sensarity in this and in muppets from space and in AVMMCM You would truly see that even though Jim and Richard are gone the magic is still there it may be a little different but it is still there. i think that Brian , Steve David and Jerry have done a wonderfull job carrying on with wonerfull movies
  12. Beebers

Beebers New Member

:confused:

Was anyone saying they didn't like Labyrinth? It isn't at the bottom of anyone's list, far from it lol.

13. Beebers

Beebers New Member

The only reason Dark Crystal isn't higher on my list is that while it was visually fabulous, the script and the pacing were horrendous. The first time I ever saw it, I kept rooting for it to at some point start being the masterpiece it should have been, but the script failed the premise, and the screenwriter failed Jim, indeed failed every artist and artisan who worked so hard for that film. A different scriptwriter was used on Labyrinth, thankfully, and it shows.

14. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Here's my list from worst to best:

KSY
    VMMC
    MFS
    MTM
    MC
    MM
    Muppet Family Christmas!
    MTI

Not seen MCC...
  15. Infinity Sirius

Infinity Sirius New Member

*gets off of soapbox* Okay
  16. SarahFraggle

SarahFraggle New Member

I really couldn't stand avmmcm it seemed to adult at certian parts which concerned me a little, :o
  17. goldenarrow05

goldenarrow05 New Member

okay, i wanna play

VMMCM
    TMM
    Labyrinth
    MTM
    GMC
    Dark Crystal
    MCC
    MTI
    MFS (it had Pepe in it... ugh)
    KSY

Muppet Family Christmas is in a whole other category but if it were in this one it would definately be at the top of my list..... i think i just like the muppets and christmas :p
  18. Gonzwella

Gonzwella New Member

Oh God, so true. They keep making SEQUELS! Garrhhhh! I think KSY wasn't a Muppet Movie. If it dosn't have the swedish chef, Animal, Gonzo and Rizzo, Miss Piggy and Fozzie, it ain't a Muppet Movie.
  19. BornBlue

BornBlue New Member

You people are nuts!!

If you like the Muppets at all then the Muppet Movie should be at the very top of your lists. The Muppet Movie IS the Muppets! I mean I can understand if you are a lover of the fantasy films like Labrynth or Dark Crystal, but for pure muppetty goodness and fun, it's The Muppet Movie all the way!!

List, best to worst:

1. The Muppet Movie
    2. The Great Muppet Caper
    3. Muppets Take Manhatten
    3. Follow That Bird
    4. Labrynth
    5. Dark Crystal
    6. Muppets From Space
    7. Muppet Treasure Island
    8. A Very Merry Myppet Christmas Movie
    9. Muppet Christmas Carol
    10. Kermit Swamp Years
    11. Muppet Classic Theater

(If I were to put Muppet Family Christmas on this list it would go like right under the Muppet Movie, but I consider that more of a special.)
  20. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

True, The Muppet Movie is a spectacular film, and maybe the most magical Muppet movie of all time, but people still have their opinion. There's reasons for prefering something over something else. Maybe a movie effected someone differently than another. I know I always cry at the end of The Muppets Take Manhattan, but my brother can barely sit through it, he hates it so much. I put The Great Muppet Caper and The Muppet Movie as equals on my lsit because each has their strong point. I find The Great Muppet Caper a bit funnier than The Muppet Movie, but The Muppet Movie is more emotional. Also, The Great Muppet Caper was Jim Henson's "favorite" (for lack of a better word) because it was the first feature film he directed. People just have different opinions, your intitaled to one, I'm intitaled to one, but Kevin's not. ;)

Sooo, I guess the point to all of this is.... Peoples is peoples.