1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Worst Muppet Movie?

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by MuppetFan12, Oct 28, 2012.

1. beatnikchick300

beatnikchick300 Well-Known Member

Might I suggest, my dear, that you let people have their opinions without giving them grief? Not that I disagree with your points on LtS (I don't like it at all myself), but still, this is a consistent problem.

Dominicboo1 likes this.
  2. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

SAY WHAT!!!!!! Why????????

Eyeball likes this.
  3. fozzieisfunny

fozzieisfunny Well-Known Member

Yeah, I would say that.... wait, who to the what, now????? Sorry, I must've heard you wrong. Because, you probably didn't say that you hated GMC, because that movie is awesome!!!

4. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I would try to argue this, but I have no idea how.

5. Eyeball

Eyeball Well-Known Member

Agreed, it doesn't make much sense to me either because GMC is awesome, I now want some of what squid man over-there's been smoking because that must of been some good ****...

6. fozzieisfunny

Okay...

1. No need to swear!!
    2. Squidman's only 13. No smoking allowed!! I think we need a violence patrol on MC!
    3. He's just expressing his opinion. ( EVEN THOUGH THAT MOVIE IS EPICLY AWESOME, SQUIDMAN!!!!!) Just saying.

7. Eyeball

1. Ok fair enough i apologise, but to bust that line what else am I going say?... sheesh..
    2. Smoking = violence?, I've been smoking since I was like 13 (which I don't endorse or recommend btw) so i can safely say it doesn't relate to violence at all?
    3. You slammed his opinion too remember......

8. fozzieisfunny

1. Yeah, well, you could've replaced it with something a little more kinder.
    2. Well, kind of in some ways. Wait, have you really been smoking since you were 13???? You know how bad that is for you?
    3. I know that I did. I meant that third thing as a joke.

9. Eyeball

Yeah I know, I could have and yes you were probably right to call me out on it, yep I have been smoking since I was 13 sometimes things just happen and I hung with the wrong crowd and all that jazz but I won't bore you and probably many others with that, and sarcasm really doesn't work in a document unless it's extremely exaggerated so you can see where one would have troubles no?
    But we're cool yeah? And let's get back on topic.

10. fozzieisfunny

Don't forget, I said:

[QUOTE="fozzieisfunny, post: 1112406, member: 58537"
    3. He's just expressing his opinion. ( EVEN THOUGH THAT MOVIE IS EPICLY AWESOME, SQUIDMAN!!!!!) Just saying.[/QUOTE]

Don't you see the sarcasm in that? Don't you????

Eyeball likes this.
  11. beatnikchick300

I really wish people here could learn to have some modicum of respect for other people's opinions. Provided they aren't just being flat-out rude or hostile, people should be allowed to express opinions, even, no, ESPECIALLY those most others might not share.

12. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I have no problem with saying a movie sucks by the merits of its quality. But as a Muppet fan, I do take offense when it's stated a Muppet Movie sucks because it doesn't have specific characters waving to you in the background. Especially when there's so much else wrong with it.

I don't think Droop's cameo would have made one way or another a major difference in the quality. And where would they put it? The special has, like a runtime of 6 minutes with 54 minutes of commercials. :electric:

Muppet Master likes this.
  13. Muppet Master

Sheesh, I just think that a movie directed by JIM HENSON, should be given more respect then "it sucked" and "crap", I mean how would you feel if you directed a magnificent film, put so much heart and work to it just for everyone to say it's crap. Okay, ya that happens with everything, but still I don't see how anyone here was being "hostile" or "flat-out rude", they were hiding their disagreement in a polite fashion.

14. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I might not agree with Squidman, the issue is they aren't saying any legitimate reason for the movie being "bad." GMC has its flaws, no doubt (*cough*Piggy's Fantasy*cough*), but they barely gave a reason for calling it the worst.

15. beatnikchick300

So why, all of a sudden, do there need to be all these rules about what people can say they dislike, and how? Some perfectly good directors make films that are critical flops, or just a good number of people dislike, or heck, even only a few people dislike. You know what? All artists have to deal with some people saying their hard work sucks (since I was, and still am, to an extent, an artist, I should know). I'm sure Jim Henson, since he had a long career, might have been used to it.

As for my "hostility and rudeness" comment, that was more about how people who express unpopular opinions in a completely civil way get shouted down like they're just being rude jerks, which is not fair.

16. Mad Monty fan

Mad Monty fan Active Member

To the people who didn't like Muppets Wizard of Oz, I actually didn't mind it for the most part. I know this may come as a shock to some of you, but it's true. And absolutely nothing anyone says can make me like this film any less than I already do and will continue to.

17. Luke kun

Luke kun Well-Known Member

I really didn't like The Muppets.

Now "A Muppet Family Christmas"? That's my favorie Muppet movie of all god **** time. Why? Because of wileyk209zback's YouTube Poop of it.

18. beatnikchick300

I regret that I haven't seen all of A Muppet Family Christmas. Just bits here and there. I might see if I can buy it on DVD or watch it online somewhere.

ElizaSchuyler likes this.
  19. Muppet Master

Funny, how I've never actually expressed my opinion on the matter, even though I've posted several times on this thread. My least favorite muppet film, in my opinion, is MWoO, because of how they changed the story of the wizard of oz for the worse, how they added so many innuendo jokes, and the script just wasn't like a muppet movie, it felt much more like Family Guy.

Drtooth likes this.
  20. Mad Monty fan

Mad Monty fan Active Member

For those of you who didn't know this, Frank Oz's least favorite film is the 2011 reboot of the Muppets. He was quoted as saying it didn't quite feel the same as the ones in the 70's, the 80's, and the 90's. Here's to hoping he'll enjoy what Muppets Most Wanted has to offer...

beatnikchick300 likes this.