1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

Worst Muppet Movie?

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by MuppetFan12, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I dunno, since it wasn't that good because Mad Monty, Polly Lobster, the Snorners Chorus or Irish Rodents weren't in it.

Muppet Master and Drtooth like this.
  2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

MWoO was trying too hard to be VMX and it failed at it. VMX's pop culture heavy, adult humor oriented style worked because... well, Family Guy. Yeah, no one was sick of that yet, long story short. And those horrid parody movies. People still liked them. When MWoO did the same thing, it was clumsy, tired, and completely unfocused.

Exactly. What makes something a discussion is discussing things. Not to mention that while people have a right to their opinions, so do others.

But between you and me, disliking a movie because a couple extra characters aren't waving their arms around in a scene is kinda petty.

3. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

Where's your proof? Also, if he didn't like TM, he'll either love MMW or hate it even more than TM.

4. Drtooth

He didn't say he disliked it, and he felt that the project was too safe and didn't take any risks. I can't imagine he liked MFS any better, especially considering the almost flat performance of his characters (mostly through looped dialogue). Older performers reportedly didn't like working on it, while the younger group was glad they got a chance to do a movie.

5. AKaun6899

AKaun6899 Member

In my opinion, my least favorite would be KSY (I haven't seen MWoO yet). I'll be honest, I really did like KSY when I was younger, and to its credit, the Henson references are a nice touch, especially that one scene with the young Henson himself, and that song that plays during the running-'round-the-school montage, "Complicated," is catchy, though dated. But the last time I tried to watch it, I found it too childish.

Muppet Master likes this.
  6. Muppet Master

Well, I mean he can't really hate MFS when one of the reasons it wasn't as good as a film was because he wasn't very well involved in it, and Miss Piggy, Fozzie, and Animal didn't exactly have cameos in the film.

7. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Well-Known Member

Yes, but it's a two way street. If people want the right to express their opinions, than others have the right to disagree and express why they disagree with their opinions and maybe even get them to change their mind a bit. As you said provided they aren't being flat out rude or hostile, which judging from what I've read, no one has been.

With all due respect to Mad Monty fan, saying he didn't like LtS, which in all honestly he actually was confused with IAVMMCM, just because characters who are usually small background characters such as Pops having small roles, is a bit of a silly reason to not like the movie. Like DrTooth did point out, if that's the case, he must of not liked any Muppet movies, since not all Muppets are going to get big parts, especially there being so many.

I once heard someone say the didn't like The Muppets (2011) simply because there was no cameo from a Sesame Street Muppet. Again, yes people are entitled to their opinion, but REALLY???:confused::confused::confused: You're going to hate the WHOLE Muppets movie simply because it didn't feature a 10 second cameo from Big Bird or Elmo.

To me it's like if I had a buddy who was dating a nice fairly beautiful woman and he dumped her ONLY because of something silly and a bit petty like she had a pimple on her armpit or something,:rolleyes:. We're all huge Muppets fans here so of course if you're going to posted something like I didn't like this film because...well than you listed fairly small reasons, chances are people here on a FAN FOURM are going to have a rebuttal. Again, with all due respect, if you want the right to express your opinion, than you have to respect the right for others to rebuttal and if you can't except that, than again with all the respect, maybe it's best you don't post on open forums. As the saying goes, you can't eat your cake and have it too.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  8. Drtooth

Pretty petty considering there hasn't been a Sesame Street cameo since MTM (unless you count the door in a jar from MFS, I don't), not to mention the fact that they actually tried to get one in there. Closest we've got, and closest we'll ever get is Constantine watching Kermit the Frog as a reporter on Sesame Street.

Now, to be almost hypocritical, I hate the fact MFS didn't have Uncle Matt in it. Not because it didn't but because it was supposed to and the no talent director forcefully pulled it out. But that's among the problems the film had because of Tim Hill (outside of Spongebob, his magnum opus was the first Chipmunks movie), but it really screams "forcefully lost opportunity."

9. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say no one has been rude here towards people who don't like movies. But certainly this board is ten times more civil than most boards I've been to. IMDB is a disaster zone, lol.

10. Mad Monty fan

Mad Monty fan Active Member

I noticed a goof in Muppets Most Wanted:
    -Even though Calico, Black Dog, and Blind Pew assisted Walter, Animal, Fozzie, and Kermit in breaking out, they are seen jumping through the hole with them, but are later seen back at the gulag for the finale.
    Perhaps Nadya caught up with them and brought them back to the gulag where they belong?

Mr Sweetums likes this.
  11. GonzoLeaper

GonzoLeaper Well-Known Member

I did love the Reporter Kermit from Sesame Street Newsflash scene in "Muppets Most Wanted"- that was great! Interesting about this Uncle Travelling Matt cameo planned for "Muppets From Space"- hadn't heard that before. Too bad- that would have been way cool. (And it seems like it would have been pretty fitting too, given the theme of the movie and all.)
    It's been a while since I've watched that one though- what's this about the door in a jar?

12. Muppet Master

Who honestly cares if an SS character shows up. You could blink and miss their scenes, and even if they're funny they don't advance the plot or anything, so what's the disappointment about considering MCC is so overated and no one cares that an SS character wasn't in it. If someone wants SS then why don't they just watch the show?

Drtooth likes this.
  13. GonzoLeaper

I think the point is that for the first three Muppet movies it seemed to be a tradition for Sesame Street characters to make cameos. I definitely love it when it happens, since I'm a fan of crossovers in general. But it doesn't lessen my love of "The Muppet Christmas Carol" or any other Muppet movie if a Sesame Street (or other series) cameo doesn't happen. (For the record, TMCC has Sprocket and Inkspots and Begoony make appearances, so at least there are Fraggle Rock cameos!):smirk::dreamy::coy::sigh::excited::drool::busy:

Mr Sweetums likes this.
  14. Mad Monty fan

That's true. Begoony was also in Muppet Treasure Island, as one of the many pirates on Tim Curry's side.

15. Drtooth

This is the "Worst Muppet Movie Thread." Not the "slight continuity error 99.99% of everyone else who watched the film wouldn't give a crap about" thread. ;)

16. Mad Monty fan

Oh my bad. I guess it slipped my mind to post it in the Muppet Movie goofs thread :oops:

17. Mad Monty fan

They're not exactly Muppet Movies, but two more to add to my list are Home on The Range and Chicken Little and here's why they're on my list:
    Home on The Range, according to The Nostalgia Critic had no creativity, no spontaneity, and no effort. The movie did terrible overall at the box office. As far as Chicken Little goes, it, like its predecessor, did terrible when it was in theaters.

18. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Well-Known Member

I wouldn't call that a "goof" cause their NOT the main characters and pretty much no one was wondering how they were caught again. Just be glad you got to see cameos of lesser known Muppets,;).

Not exactly Muppet movies?:confused:, dude those AREN'T Muppet movies at all. This thread is titled Worst Muppet Movies.

19. GonzoLeaper

It may be in the wrong thread, but it is still a good observation. Nothing wrong with pondering the plot points of the movie (even for a Muppet movie). I did a good bit of this with my nephews and nieces who were pointing out logistical questions about "Muppets Most Wanted" after seeing the movie and at some point I just had to tell them that it's just a movie- and a Muppet movie at that- it's not all going to make sense all the time.;)

20. Drtooth

Yeah... I don't think this member gets the point. I'm pretty sure the next post will be about what that member ate for lunch or something. I don't mean to purposely pick on someone, but thread titles are thread titles for a reason.