Would this have been a cool playset idea?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Here is an idea I've had for a long time, before Palisades even announced it's Muppets figure line.

I don't know if this is still common, but it seems to me like it used to be common for companies to make mini-playsets, which short of opened and closed. The outside would resemble a character face, and small figures would sometimes be included. I think there were some Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles toys like this, and I think this also applies to Mighty Max.

Wouldn't this have been cool for the Muppets? A small playset with Kermit's face on the outside could open to reveal the Muppet stage (maybe an orchestra pit could be included on the bottom half). It could come with figures of Kermit, Miss Piggy, and Fozzie. Hmm, and maybe also Gonzo, Sweetums, and a few obscure characters.

A playset with Gonzo's face could contain the backstage, and could come with Gonzo, Scooter, Beauregard, and maybe George the Janitor. A playset with The Swedish Chef's face on the outside could either represent the kitchen from The Swedish Chef skits (maybe with some monster figures as well as the chef), or could be a canteen playset, with Swedish Chef, Gladys, Annie Sue, Lew Zealand, and penguin figures. A Muppet Labs playset could have Bunsen's face on the outside, and include Bunsen and Beaker figures (and maybe some other characters).

A Bear on Patrol playset could have Fozzie's face on the outside, and have Fozzie and Link in BOP uniforms. If more characters ar eneeded, then the octopus and Banana Nose Moldenado could be included. A Pigs in Space playset could have Miss Piggy's face on the outside, and Piggy, Link, and Strangepork figures. A playset with Rowlf's face could represent Veterinarian's Hospital, and contain the Vets Hospital cast. And finally, one with Animal's face on the outside can be an Electric Mayhem set-up, with all of The Electric Mayhem, preferably with Lips included as well.

beaker

Reaction score
That sounds amazing.

Perhaps if we start seeing 3 3/4" - 4" Muppet action figures(instead of the 6" palisades size) we could get something like that. I know I'd buy one.

They came out with a super cool Bear in the Big Blue House playset like this! (that opened into 3 sections)

muppets2

Reaction score
\yeah but i think it should like come with all the muppet show charcthers and additons by beaker rowlf and scooter :eek::sympathy::wink: